Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

2018 Watch the Playoffs thread

Just now, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Yeah they did. But don't you think that Harden being obviously fouled shooting 3s right in front of the ref in back to back plays with no call, followed up by a made 3 fouled on the shot waived off and called on the floor, and then foul in the act on a 3 called on the floor again all in a short period of time is not rigging and a ref controlling the outcome and momentum of a game? Well, maybe the veteran refs really do suck that bad.

No. I don't think they rigged the game. I think refs are bad and "let teams play" sometimes and it looks like they're rigging it one way and other refs call everything and it makes it look like they're rigging it the other way but if Golden State lost there'd be Golden State fans saying the NBA rigged the game by giving Klay three fouls in the first 6 minutes. 

So basically rigging is always in the eye of the beholder. You wanted Houston to win so you're blaming the refs instead of hardens big turnovers and historically bad shooting. 

Just now, TrueMagicFan07 said:

No, you just stop! My team won and I.am.happy!

I'm happy for you! I didn't have a horse in that race, my team is the Magic but I just think it is an embarrassment to the NBA when refs control the flow and momentum of the game with bad/no calls. I would have said the same thing if it happened to the Warriors.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

No. I don't think they rigged the game. I think refs are bad and "let teams play" sometimes and it looks like they're rigging it one way and other refs call everything and it makes it look like they're rigging it the other way but if Golden State lost there'd be Golden State fans saying the NBA rigged the game by giving Klay three fouls in the first 6 minutes. 

So basically rigging is always in the eye of the beholder. You wanted Houston to win so you're blaming the refs instead of hardens big turnovers and historically bad shooting. 

Actually I didn't care who won at all and the instances I gave were well beyond "let teams play", they were blown calls that made a major difference in the score all in a short period of time. Not caring who won I would have said the same thing if it was a Warrior that it happened to.

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

You know what? I love various sports. Some of my favorite teams are the Magic (of course), FSU, and Tampa Bay. In all my years of watching sports, if my team lost a game, I have never accused the refs or the league of rigging the game. That's a guy thing.  Many times I have witnessed blown calls by refs on both sides (teams).

I feel that Golden State would have won regardless.  T.  I think the Warriors were playing possum in the first half.  Also in the first half looking mentally out of it as.  Durant looked frustrated and missed a ton of shots.  The turnover rate was pretty high in that half. 

After the half, the GSW looked completely different.    They implemented their game plan to perfection with little to no turnovers.

That Curry corner play is unstoppable because of his continuity to move off the ball immediately after the pass.  They were running that exact same play for Thompson.  Durant got his 15 foot isolation/post up play as the Warriors completely cleared one side of the floor for him.  The Warriors didn't even shut down the Rockets this game from the three.  The Rockets shot an abysmal percentage and set a record for consecutive misses.  Then to demoralize the rockets, they took Capela out of the game with the "hack-a" strategy.  The Capela lob play was shut down in the half. Gordon, Ariza, Capela, and G.Green were no where to be found.  

No one can say Curry played awful or missed shots.   Curry scored more than 18 in the third.  Durant looked like he was reinvigorated.

Most of all, Houston didn't have a final solution to beating the Warriors as the Warriors did.  They didn't have multiple game winning plays.  They had....ISO ball.   

Even at times, Harden would pass the ball at the last 3 seconds to not ruin his percentages but sacrifice his teammate's.  Eric Gordon Iso....play.  Ariza with a forced Iso play.  The Warriors wanted to  make sure Harden was the only option to score for the Rockets and it worked.  

a list of all the all stars Lebron has beat in the NBA finals.

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Kevin Durant

Draymond Green

Andre Igudala

Russell Westbrook

James Harden

Tim Duncan

Kwahi Leonard

Tony Parker

Manu Ginobli

List of all stars The Warriors have beat in the finals:

Kyrie Irving

Kevin Love

LeBron James

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

You know what? I love various sports. Some of my favorite teams are the Magic (of course), FSU, and Tampa Bay. In all my years of watching sports, if my team lost a game, I have never accused the refs or the league of rigging the game. That's a guy thing.  Many times I have witnessed blown calls by refs on both sides (teams).

that's funny because my wife watched the same game and saw how many times the Rockets weren't given calls and she is very much a female

1 minute ago, Magicfan1987 said:

a list of all the all stars Lebron has beat in the NBA finals.

Steph Curry

Klay Thompson

Kevin Durant

Draymond Green

Andre Igudala

Russell Westbrook

James Harden

Tim Duncan

Kwahi Leonard

Tony Parker

Manu Ginobli

List of all stars The Warriors have beat in the finals:

Kyrie Irving

Kevin Love

LeBron James

Blame that on the EAst for not producing as I've been saying all *****ing playoffs.  But what about the Stars they had to beat to get to the finals?  Don't they count?