Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Honestly nbadraft.net are never right. 

They are nothing. They have no insider information. It’s fun to look at their site cause it’s clean and they update it a lot but they aren’t accurate and shouldn’t be taken seriously. It’s just a fun site to visit. 

• Upvote 1

Sporting News has us taking Bamba, Simons, and Trent, Jr.; Sports Illustrated has Bamba, Diallo, Milton. I personally would prefer Simons over Diallo, but I am okay with either of those groupings.  After reading some of what Bamba is doing to prepare for the NBA, I am getting sold on this kid. 

I’d be most excited for a trade up or a trade back. 

Id be equally as excited if the top 5 doesn’t go Ayton/Doncic/JJJ/Bamba/Bagley But it will. 

If we stay at 6 I’d be excited with Carter. I think he’ll be really good for us.

My sleeper excitement pick would be Shai. My “alright” pick would be Sexton. My upset pick would be Young. 

19 hours ago, Magicfan1987 said:

I get wanting a defensive big, but CONSTANTLY doubling down on defensive players? didn't we do that with Gordon, Serve, and Biz? I have such ptsd from that, that's why I think I have been so pro Young. I believe in him and his upside but regardless of who we pick, we need an offensive initiator and shooting. Horribly 

I think Magicfan1987 speaks what so many of us are thinking.  Probably the best pick at 6 is a big defensive player because this is a good "big" draft and we need a center and next year's draft is pretty slim in that cetegory.  At the same time this is still a game of outscoring your opponent (unless you are tanking lol!) and scoring and shooting will not be one of our strengths if we draft JJJ, Bamba, or Carter.  I take JJJ or Bamba for sure and if not  pray we get it right.  This rebuild is going to take patience.

6 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Id be equally as excited if the top 5 doesn’t go Ayton/Doncic/JJJ/Bamba/Bagley But it will. 

If we stay at 6 I’d be excited with Carter. I think he’ll be really good for us.

My sleeper excitement pick would be Shai. My “alright” pick would be Sexton. My upset pick would be Young. 

Let’s hope u need pepto tomorrow night

3 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

Lol. When young drops 30 pts and averages 20 pts a game, I will come back to this thread. And if he does it for the magic you will feel better.  We have not had a 20 point scorer since I think Dwight.