Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

3 hours ago, Pootie Tang said:

Wasting a first on Trae Young would be a huge mistake for this team. I highly doubt Weltman/Hammond go back on everything we know about them and choose Trae

My gut instinct is that we are going big in this draft IF we stay at 5 or get in the lottery.  If we drop then Trae Young could enter into the equation (for his star power and excitement).  Following article describes Trae's strengths and weaknesses very objectively.  Article concludes he is not a waste but probably needs the right scenario to maximize his potential.

Good read:

http://www.nbadraft.net/situational-analysis-trae-young

1 hour ago, Originalticketholder said:

My gut instinct is that we are going big in this draft IF we stay at 5 or get in the lottery.  If we drop then Trae Young could enter into the equation (for his star power and excitement).  Following article describes Trae's strengths and weaknesses very objectively.  Article concludes he is not a waste but probably needs the right scenario to maximize his potential.

Good read:

http://www.nbadraft.net/situational-analysis-trae-young

Young will be great on a team that the coach lets him play his game and gives him the green light to shoot whenever he wants, but he will suck on a team that tries to make him play within a "system" that doesn't focus on his strengths.

7 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Young will be great on a team that the coach lets him play his game and gives him the green light to shoot whenever he wants

I don’t know how we can be sure of this. Isn’t this exactly how he was handled at Oklahoma? I actually think the opposite — that he’ll be much more effective if/when he learns some discipline. 

Unrelated but somewhat entertaining:

Woj pod from yesterday got on the topic of the 2013 draft. Woj says he tweeted out something about Bennett falling out of the lottery at like 7:00PM on draft night because every team he spoke to was saying that they had him ranked as like their 18th guy. He heard rumbles about the Cavs considering him for #1 but cast it aside as a smokescreen since all the other teams had him so far down their boards.  

8 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Young will be great on a team that the coach lets him play his game and gives him the green light to shoot whenever he wants, but he will suck on a team that tries to make him play within a "system" that doesn't focus on his strengths.

if we hire Vanderpool there's a good chance we draft Trae 

1 hour ago, ML6 said:

I don’t know how we can be sure of this. Isn’t this exactly how he was handled at Oklahoma? I actually think the opposite — that he’ll be much more effective if/when he learns some discipline. 

I can see him thriving in San Antonio

5 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

if we hire Vanderpool there's a good chance we draft Trae 

I don't think one has anything to do with the other

9 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Does anyone know who will be hosting for our Magic at draft lottery?

Pat Williams in the ping pong ball room and Weltman at our podium if I recall correctly. 

9 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

Does anyone know who will be hosting for our Magic at draft lottery?

Pat Williams is our representative in the actual drawing. Weltman I think is going to be in the tv reveal we watch. 

10 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Pat Williams is our representative in the actual drawing. Weltman I think is going to be in the tv reveal we watch. 

you're exactly right

1 hour ago, ?4thewin said:

I don't think one has anything to do with the other

Vanderpool is coming from a guard dominant team, I can see us believing he can get the most of Traes potential more than any free agent coach on the market