Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

14 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I just find it ironic that you're in every Game Thread rooting for losses to get that high pick, and then say draft Mikal Bridges over Porter lol. Tanking to draft Bridges seems very underwhelming. 

where do you get these comps? his physical profile is nothing like Porter. He's bigger than Porter, and can play up or down. For a guy his size, huge wingpsan, 9'0" standing reach, good ball handling skills, can score from anywhere on the floor, that's not something you see everyday in a 6'10" frame. I'd much rather take a risk on Porter Jr. than Mikal Bridges. 

1. The ringer draft guide is where I got the comp

Otto porter is 6'8.5 with a 7'1.5 wingspan. Not a crazy difference.  

2. There's a pretty good chance bridges is better than porter.

I mean this entire argument is based on a presumption of health.  I'm not presuming porter is 100%. I'm considering him basically how teams considered Harry Giles until I have some information that changes things.  He starts dominating workouts and his medicals check out and it changes things.  But right now he looked like completely different player than he was in high school.  

41 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

I just find it ironic that you're in every Game Thread rooting for losses to get that high pick, and then say draft Mikal Bridges over Porter lol. Tanking to draft Bridges seems very underwhelming. I'd rather draft Trae Young lol

I'm not at all interested in tanking for Bridges, I was simply stating that I would take him over Porter for obvious reasons to those of us that have a clue about back injuries/surgeries. I wouldn't remotely consider taking Bridges with a high pick.

My personal preferences are point guards and Centers, we are/will be already heavily invested in forwards. We need to offload Vuc and start bringing along whoever is going to be our center of the future.

• Downvote 1

2 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

I mean this entire argument is based on a presumption of health.  I'm not presuming porter is 100%. I'm considering him basically how teams considered Harry Giles until I have some information that changes things.  He starts dominating workouts and his medicals check out and it changes things.  But right now he looked like completely different player than he was in high school.  

And he could dominate in workouts and medicals then get up the next morning to tie his shoe and need 9 months of rehab before he can play again. Backs are funny like that.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I'm not at all interested in tanking for Bridges, I was simply stating that I would take him over Porter for obvious reasons to those of us that have a clue about back injuries/surgeries. I wouldn't remotely consider taking Bridges with a high pick.

My personal preferences are centers and point guards, we are/will be already heavily invested in forwards..

And unless we can get rid of Vuch and/or Biyambo, we are already heavily invested in centers. 

5 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

And unless we can get rid of Vuch and/or Biyambo, we are already heavily invested in centers. 

When you suck, always take the best possible player and worry about everything else later.

Plus, who cares about Biyombo and Vuch. We swallow their contracts as if they are dead money and go from there.

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

When you suck, always take the best possible player and worry about everything else later.

Plus, who cares about Biyombo and Vuch. We swallow their contracts as if they are dead money and go from there.

I really hope you're right about Vuch/Biyomobo.  I don't think I could stand another season of Vuch plodding up and down the court, making sour faces at opponents as they go by him for layups, and in general showing no fire.  And Biyombo isn't really much fun to watch either, even though at least he tries....

A new starting center would be a great start to a badly needed new look for the Magic.

38 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

1. The ringer draft guide is where I got the comp

Otto porter is 6'8.5 with a 7'1.5 wingspan. Not a crazy difference.  

2. There's a pretty good chance bridges is better than porter.

He’s also got 20lbs more than him. But I guess that’s not a crazy difference...

2 minutes ago, Ibn Battuta said:

He’s also got 20lbs more than him. But I guess that’s not a crazy difference...

Not in the way they play, no.  

31 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

And he could dominate in workouts and medicals then get up the next morning to tie his shoe and need 9 months of rehab before he can play again. Backs are funny like that.

For someone who says he has a clue about back injuries, that is not how Porter Jrs injury works. But okay. 

I already linked an article how he was playing with it for almost two years...But he was clearly struggling to lace em up