Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

What else could we possibly do to develop our players more at this point?

Isaac needs minutes but the last 10 days of the season can have a different philosophy than the last  6 weeks.  

I have a strong feeling Phoenix will go all in for Gordon and offer a max, but if they have the first pick and offers it for Gordon and our pick should we do it?

6 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I have a strong feeling Phoenix will go all in for Gordon and offer a max, but if they have the first pick and offers it for Gordon and our pick should we do it?

No. I'm not sure that any one player in this draft is better than Gordon and another top 7 pick.  Besides, they would have to make that trade before making Gordon an offer; because if we match, we could no longer trade him to the team whose offer we matched. 

Edited by jmmagicfan

3 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

This can't really happen.  

8 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Can't trade him, he's a restricted FA.

12 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

I will be hated for this but I WOULD trade Isaac and next year's unprotected pick for the Sun's pick. Personally I think he's great but I don't think he is durable enough or ever will be. I'd rather take a fresh shot at 1 of the guys with a little more meat on their bones.

19 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Yes......

4 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

I will be hated for this but I WOULD trade Isaac and next year's unprotected pick for the Sun's pick. Personally I think he's great but I don't think he is durable enough or ever will be. I'd rather take a fresh shot at 1 of the guys with a little more meat on their bones.

That's not a bad trade in my opinion if that first round pick is in the late teens or 20's but if were still in the lotto that trade is bad. Its a gamble I wouldn't take

2 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

Sign and trade? And since the season is basically over is Gordon worth the max

You're basically saying "Phoenix draft a player we want so that 14 days after the draft Aaron Gordon will forgoe restricted free agency and agree to a sign and trade specifically to your team when he has no reason to do so and nothing binding him into changing his mind"

That never happens.  Too risky.  It's basically an impossible scenario.  Why would Gordon want to go to Phoenix? 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, J-Mac said:

That's not a bad trade in my opinion if that first round pick is in the late teens or 20's but if were still in the lotto that trade is bad. Its a gamble I wouldn't take

I would in a heartbeat. Everything Isaac does relies on athleticism and I can see him having ankle problems his entire career. We are going to want him to add weight which is going to be even harder on his ankles. 2 top 5 picks in this draft would so change this team in a positive way. 

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

Of course you'd do that because it'd be a trade wildly in our favor.  The number one pick is never traded for future unknown assets.  It's only ever traded for a current year pick to move down  

• Upvote 1