Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

10 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I got a question for y’all. What number would Zion Williamson be picked in the draft this year if he was able to enter?  Also how bad will the tankathon be next year if he shows his type of play shows up at duke?

probably the pick right after Mikal Bridges so 8 or 9

9 hours ago, Ibn Battuta said:

In the grand scheme of things? There have been much, much worse injuries to prospects. DSJ tore both his ACLs. Harry Giles had arthroscopic surgeries on both knees. Embiid had foot AND back problems before being drafted. Oden too. Compared to these injuries, no I don't think it's that serious. Yes it's a back injury but it's not a serious back injury in the hierarchy of all back injuries. 

yeah I had no idea it was a back injury from a collision so I just assumed it was either a genetic, physical alignment cause he's huge, or something else THING. That changes things a bit.

10 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Some draft guy lately said that nobody picked next year would go top 4 this year but that's just one guy and things change so who knows.  

yeah things change sooooo much. Trae Young wasn't a 2018 draft pick last summer, Porter was a lock at #1 etc.

I'm so glad that all I have to do is watch Duke play to scout early next season, that's a relief lol. 

from what I've read Barrett and reddish (spelling?) are both shooting guards, a glory position that hasn't been stacked since MJ, Kobe, Iverson, Carter, TMac, Ray Allen, Michael Redd days, so chances are I'd imagine if these guys pop off people will be enjoying their games from a thirstier angle than other positions.

22 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

Here's my magic big board

Doncic

JJJ

Ayton

Bamba

Bridges

Shai

Trae

Bagley

Zhaire Smith

Sexton 

As of today, here’s my board:

Doncic

Ayton

JJJ

Bamba

Bagley 

Bridges

SGA

Sexton

Young

Bridges

Certain lineups for next year really excite me:

Bridges, Isaac and Gordon

or 

Isaac, Gordon and Bamba

or 

Doncic, Isaac and Gordon

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Certain lineups for next year really excite me:

Bridges, Isaac and Gordon

or 

Isaac, Gordon and Bamba

or 

Doncic, Isaac and Gordon

Right there with you.  We got a break this year due to the injuries and are gloing to end up with a good/great player.  More than likely will pick up a contributor in the 2nd round too.  I think we turn the corner starting next year.  

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

13 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

Go Mavs!!!!!

Honestly, at this point I think I would have a larger gap from the Kings since we are gonna win a few more games. 

17 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

Honestly, at this point I think I would have a larger gap from the Kings since we are gonna win a few more games. 

After tonight Kings have Suns and Memphis left  (two wins=26 for them)and Mavs have us and Suns as far as lottery teams games.  Barring upsets Mavs our biggest competition for the 4th spot!!  Knowing us Mavs will get 4th spot!!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Originalticketholder said:

After tonight Kings have Suns and Memphis left  (two wins=26 for them)and Mavs have us and Suns as far as lottery teams games.  Barring upsets Mavs our biggest competition for the 4th spot!!  Knowing us Mavs will get 4th spot!!

My point is that we are more than likely going to win more games than Dallas from here on out and that unless we change our philosophy on tanking, they will end up passing up. So I would rather get as much space as possible away from the Kings as we can so that we don't drop any farther down. But I see where you are coming from