Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

19 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Bumping this because i think it's even more likely to happen now 

Not seeing happening over JJJ or even Bamba if any of them drop to 6. It will be interesting to see if he goes before Carter, Mikal, Porter and even Young. 

I will be ok with him.

3 minutes ago, Tank Vogel said:

He's played himself into the lottery, can shoot well enough, and is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan. 

Last 5 elimination games he's averaged almost 22/7/6 on 57/50/82 shooting.  

What's the earliest you could imagine welt/ham drafting him? 4th? Earlier? You could argue he's the best need/fit/age/ production guy for the magic if we're focusing on defense and switchability

25 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

He's played himself into the lottery, can shoot well enough, and is 6'6 with a 7'0 wingspan. 

What's the earliest you could imagine welt/ham drafting him? 4th? Earlier? You could argue he's the best need/fit/age/ production guy for the magic if we're focusing on defense and switchability

I've followed him for a while when he was committed to play at UF and an unknown. Never expected him to become what he is now. That being said, I think I could see us picking him at the 6/7 spot maybe. What do you think his upside is in the league?

11 minutes ago, billy5783 said:

I've followed him for a while when he was committed to play at UF and an unknown. Never expected him to become what he is now. That being said, I think I could see us picking him at the 6/7 spot maybe. What do you think his upside is in the league?

I think he could be a player we trade a future first for and pair with a Ayton/doncic/jjj/bamba

Just now, billy5783 said:

I have no idea.  I like a lot of other guys more than him and like you said he's shown a lot of improvement year to year and week to week. I just can't ignore how he's the exact guy our front office values. As his overall stock rises it feels like he's easier to reach on.  Especially with a bunch of other players in our range (bagley, porter, young, Carter, etc.) who aren't great fits with our plan.  

Like I liked Dennis Smith and fultz and a few other guys over isaac last year.  And nba mock draft consensus had isaac somewhere between 4-8. But there's some evidence isaac was significantly higher on our draft board.  Someone before the draft said a gm had him going first.  Maybe that was Weltman or hammond.  

So like that I wouldn't be surprised if we had SGA significantly higher on our board vs another team.  

30 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Especially with a bunch of other players in our range (bagley, porter, young, Carter, etc.) who aren't great fits with our plan.  

How you Dare?!

30 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

How you Dare?!

Completely remove talent or career projections from the conversation. 

Our philosophy is to build a tall, long, switchable team. Young is a short point guard with short arms who will be a liability on defense.  That doesn't fit what we want to do. 

Now we might make an exception for a player with overwhelming talent but he still would be a deviation from the plan.  

55 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Like I liked Dennis Smith and fultz and a few other guys over isaac last year.  And nba mock draft consensus had isaac somewhere between 4-8. But there's some evidence isaac was significantly higher on our draft board.  Someone before the draft said a gm had him going first.  Maybe that was Weltman or hammond.  

So like that I wouldn't be surprised if we had SGA significantly higher on our board vs another team.  

7 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Completely remove talent or career projections from the conversation. 

Our philosophy is to build a tall, long, switchable team. Young is a short point guard with short arms who will be a liability on defense.  That doesn't fit what we want to do. 

Now we might make an exception for a player with overwhelming talent but he still would be a deviation from the plan.  

I could see us reaching for all 6'6 of SGA or grabbing 6'6 Shake Milton with our earliest 2nd if he drops that far. I believe Young's height will knock him farther down our board than he should be. If the Magic are truly committing to AG and Isaac as our forwards then I don't think we draft a forward regardless of talent unless the FO thinks one could play the 5. I think we will grab a center, a PG, and a SG with our 3 picks unless we trade our 2 2nds for a mid 1st and grab 2 of the 3.

• Downvote 1

3 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

earlier than 4, are you mad!?!?!??