Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

Most of these kids thus far took a little over or less than $1000. These damn dinner dates are nothing and I'm actually surprised this is such a big deal. Really? Who cares?

Nah.  Most of these kids took $500 to $40,000 from asm. 

The ayton stuff is 100k from Arizona but not everybody gets that level of money only the top few guys. 

But teams have known this forever.  This isn't a new thing.  No nba team should care about this.  

I guess I was naive to the depth and breadth of this problem. If this one agent did all of this with Adidas and others, you’d have to believe their are plenty of other agents and companies doing it, too. Men’s college ball is about to be turned upside down. 

ESPN is reporting they expect the Arizona coach and Ayton to be removed from play. I’m guessing this will happen across the board. If Coach K goes down, I’ll be a sad panda, and I’m not even a Duke fan.

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I guess I was naive to the depth and breadth of this problem. If this one agent did all of this with Adidas and others, you’d have to believe their are plenty of other agents and companies doing it, too. Men’s college ball is about to be turned upside down. 

Yeah. Just wait until they figure out football.  I know personally about a few violations that would invalidate a couple great seasons and I'm a nobody.  

The favorite move of the elite football program is have a corporation owned by a booster overpay for an athletes parents house. So you have like $120,000 houses selling for $500,000.

Now your random guy outside the top 100 isn't getting that kind of treatment.  You need to be able to get a return on investment. So look at the players who are likely to put their team into the playoff.

10 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

ESPN is reporting they expect the Arizona coach and Ayton to be removed from play. I’m guessing this will happen across the board. If Coach K goes down, I’ll be a sad panda, and I’m not even a Duke fan.

I think that's dumb.  They should gamble and wait to see if the entire sport self destructs. 

Coach K won't go down.  He should be smart enough to distance himself from the process.  It doesn't mean he's innocent but there should be no proof  linking him to stuff like that.  So that when **** hits the fan he can say "oh that's terrible i had no idea my assistants were engaging in this behavior."

What makes the situation so serious is that it’s not the NCAA or individual schools doing the investigating, it’s the FBI. It’s like the NCAA lost control of their broken system. Crazy

24 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

What makes the situation so serious is that it’s not the NCAA or individual schools doing the investigating, it’s the FBI. It’s like the NCAA lost control of their broken system. Crazy

Nah the ncaa operates without significant investigative power.  They can only operate through FOIA requests and stuff that people tell them.  Its why it's an open secret that Cam Newton got $180,000+ to go play at auburn but there's no proof so nothing happens.  

The fbi doesn't give a ***** that deandre ayton got money to go to Arizona.  The fbi cares that a person was shaking down institutions to deliver a commodity.  Had it just been teams buying players the fbi wouldn't be involved at all.  

6 hours ago, ?4thewin said:

I think that's dumb.  They should gamble and wait to see if the entire sport self destructs. 

Coach K won't go down.  He should be smart enough to distance himself from the process.  It doesn't mean he's innocent but there should be no proof  linking him to stuff like that.  So that when **** hits the fan he can say "oh that's terrible i had no idea my assistants were engaging in this behavior."

What is even more amazing gentlemen, is how on the world does the King of the "one and done (Calipari) remain at large. Is this not in line with the activities that took down Pitino? Well, I do realize that they were turning a blind eye to bad behavior, but you would have to agree that the NCAA just needs to tare it down and start over again! 

This is crazy. They should only investigate Agencies and Programs. They should let players and coaches alone. 

How is the money coming from an Agency any different than money coming from any alumni organization or company? I mean, It is still money going into a specific program. Football and Basketball are surely the two sports where most of the money is going. 

Look at MSU and NC. They have guys like Magic Johnson and Michael Jordan ( just to name a few) who are contributing a significant amount of money each year to their respective programs when they associated with their respective NBA teams.

Then... you have compainies like Gatorade, Nike, Under Armor, Adidas among others who associate themselves more with one specific program above others.  

Most of this companies have a very  close relationship with certain agencies due to the players they are contracted with and I am sure this agencies are been compensated well. This makes the Agents work harder in keeping this type of money flowing while trying to gather and secure contract with players at their very early process of the development goind down to high schools or specific bascketball progams.  

Like someone already said ; we should be more concern to see what they can find if they start investigating NCAA football programs.  

One thing for sure is that I see the one and done NBA rule to protect the NCAA programs gone soon rather than later. 

in a multi team trade orlando trades it's number 1 overall pick along with Evan Fournier and Nikola Vucevuc for the number 4 and number 6 pick. With those picks the Magic select Trae Young from Oklahoma State and Jarren Jackson Jr  from Michigan State. Magic fans, do you do this??