Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

5 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I guess you forgot that Magic gave up on Sabonis and Oladipo..

I guess you forgot that that wasn't the current management; and most of us were not crazy about that trade to begin with.  Also, I'm still not convinced that Oladipo becomes the player he now is without that year of working/practicing/learning from Russell Westbrook. 

2 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

I guess you forgot that that wasn't the current management; and most of us were not crazy about that trade to begin with. 

Nope, I did not forget that but Magic still gave up on Sabonis and Oladipo and that trade was a disaster 

9 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

I guess you forgot that Magic gave up on Sabonis and Oladipo..

This statement doesn't make any sense in response to the post you're quoting. 

5 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

This statement doesn't make any sense in response to the post you're quoting. 

"We aren't talented enough to be giving up on young players this quickly" Sabonis and Oladipo are both young and Magic gave up on them quickly

6 minutes ago, MagicFan1234 said:

"We aren't talented enough to be giving up on young players this quickly" Sabonis and Oladipo are both young and Magic gave up on them quickly

Yes. That still doesn't make sense. We weren't talented enough to give up on oladipo so quickly as evidenced by the significant regression over the past 2 seasons. 

If franchise cornerstone players are the rarest to find, you should seriously consider giving up two guys who are probably elite role players or fringe all-stars for him. And you should ask yourself why another team is passing on the chance for a franchise cornerstone for 2 elite role players....

Just now, Mack1085 said:

If franchise cornerstone players are the rarest to find, you should seriously consider giving up two guys who are probably elite role players or fringe all-stars for him. And you should ask yourself why another team is passing on the chance for a franchise cornerstone for 2 elite role players....

Isaac might be a franchise cornerstone. 

3 minutes ago, ?4thewin said:

Isaac might be a franchise cornerstone. 

If that's your assessment then don't trade him. That wouldn't be my assessment

4 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

My assessment so far is that he is a very tall skinny kid that shoots OK, is great on defense, and is good for 20-40 games a year. I can only base my assessment on what I have seen. Yes Isaac MIGHT be a franchise cornerstone, OR, he could be exactly what we've seen in our evaluation year.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

My assessment so far is that he is a very tall skinny kid that shoots OK, is great on defense, and is good for 20-40 games a year. I can only base my assessment on what I have seen. Yes Isaac MIGHT be a franchise cornerstone, OR, he could be exactly what we've seen in our evaluation year.

Because judging a rookie by how many games they play is always a great idea. Admit it man, you jump to conclusions about our players (in a negative way) way too quickly.

2 minutes ago, Mack1085 said:

These things aren't 0%/100% things though