Bauncey Chillups

2018 NBA Draft Thread

4 hours ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

No, we need to do whatever it takes to get a franchise PG. We need to lose every game for the rest of the season to make sure that that happens!

this is the type of anxiety that keeps me up at night, I couldn't agree more

Young, sg, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba. Make it happen. having all these long athletic wings and bigs makes up for Youngs defense and gives young 3 point shooters and lob targets for days. 

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, Magicfan1987 said:

Young, sg, Isaac, Gordon, Bamba. Make it happen. having all these long athletic wings and bigs makes up for Youngs defense and gives young 3 point shooters and lob targets for days. 

Yes that would be a miracle but it's that time of year to dream. 

2 hours ago, Catalina Maria said:

Is Isaac done for the year? I’m hearing rumblings his ankle is worse than advertised. Any official word on his ankle?

Tank.

from where are these rumblings? I'd rest Evan, Vuc,  Isaac, and Aaron for the season. 

On 12/24/2017 at 5:58 PM, Magicfan1987 said:

I'm trying not to be, but if we don't get one I hope we get Bamba

Bamba's most likely going to be Ian Mahinmi. He's being highly overrated because he's very smart and charismatic in interviews.

10 minutes ago, Bauncey Chillups said:

Bamba's most likely going to be Ian Mahinmi. He's being highly overrated because he's very smart and charismatic in interviews.

Eh.  He's significantly longer than mahinmi. 

Plenty of time for things to change, this doesn't seem to be the year to be shooting for a pg in the draft though.  There are potentially franchise-altering 7 footers that could be available, so be it if it cuts into AG's time.  He's had as much time to shine as everyone else in the 2014 draft and plays a much easier position than pg.  He's a great piece but not franchise-altering.  

The learning curve for point guards is in terms of years.  The fan base wants to draft a franchise pg, but the franchise needs to trade for or sign an established one if we are giving up on Payton in year 4.  His defense has lapsed so far this year, but the guy has improved on his biggest deficiencies again (like every other year), that's all you can ask for in a non-superstar player.  He's actually a productive player despite his warts and we aren't losing games because of our point guard play; stomping your feet claiming so over and over again doesn't make it true.  

Our fan base is too impatient and short-sighted to draft and cultivate a franchise pg at this point.  It has nothing to do with Payton or the upcoming draft.  

24 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

Plenty of time for things to change, this doesn't seem to be the year to be shooting for a pg in the draft though.  There are potentially franchise-altering 7 footers that could be available, so be it if it cuts into AG's time.  He's had as much time to shine as everyone else in the 2014 draft and plays a much easier position than pg.  He's a great piece but not franchise-altering.  

The learning curve for point guards is in terms of years.  The fan base wants to draft a franchise pg, but the franchise needs to trade for or sign an established one if we are giving up on Payton in year 4.  His defense has lapsed so far this year, but the guy has improved on his biggest deficiencies again (like every other year), that's all you can ask for in a non-superstar player.  He's actually a productive player despite his warts and we aren't losing games because of our point guard play; stomping your feet claiming so over and over again doesn't make it true.  

Our fan base is too impatient and short-sighted to draft and cultivate a franchise pg at this point.  It has nothing to do with Payton or the upcoming draft.  

Oh dear..

Ayton and maybe Bagley are the only 7 footers who are potentially franchise altering and I'm doubtful we'll be in position to get either. Moreover, I'm not so sure why you're fine with cutting into Gordon's time over Payton when Gordon's clearly the vastly better player.

• Like 1