Sign in to follow this  
Magicfan1987

Magic Lace Up for the Pacers

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

You keep saying this and it never makes sense.  Payton is on a one year deal. Smith and Payton have nothing to do with each other.  Its a completely illogical position to take.  We had a roster spot open for a point guard at the time of the draft.  Stop trying to make this point

So why do YOU think we passed on DSJ?

1 minute ago, TheNameIsOrlando said:

I missed the game but something I was interested in seeing was tested tonight. AG's shot wasn't falling and instead of going to his athleticism and taking it to the rim to draw fouls or find a bucket he continued to launch shots from three. He still has a lot of work to do when it comes to the mental game. I'm a bit disappointed in him being that I think he is capable of being really good and doing really good things for a winning team. 

In his defense he caught a few of those way late in the shot clock and just had to get something up.  I don't think he took a three that was inappropriate.  Just missed them.  Its going to happen.  

And the reason we’re now gonna be in the PG position that P4TW is describing (as in, who’s better right now that we can get) is directly from this front office not replacing Payton at the draft 

The Magic are now 0-5 without Jonathan Isaac. We was 8-4 prior to his injury. His injury is certainly not the only reason for the struggles, but it can’t go unnoticed how important he is to this team.

2 minutes ago, ROCK LEGENDS PHOTOGRAPHERS said:

So why do YOU think we passed on DSJ?

Because our front office drafted giannis and that's their shining accomplishment.  They want a guy like that.  They also want to have guys to defend that as LeBron's days are numbered and the future of basketball is going to have to go through giannis, porzingis, Davis, Durant, kawhi, and the few guys on the horizon who also fit that mold. 

Basically our front office valued versatility over the projectability of smith. And they might be right if isaac turns into an alpha dog on offense at some point.  

I disagreed because i think that mindset isn't something you develop and the rarity of a guy who can manufacture scoring like smith at 6th in the draft is hard to come by.  

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Because our front office drafted giannis and that's their shining accomplishment.  They want a guy like that.  They also want to have guys to defend that as LeBron's days are numbered and the future of basketball is going to have to go through giannis, porzingis, Davis, Durant, kawhi, and the few guys on the horizon who also fit that mold. 

Basically our front office valued versatility over the projectability of smith. And they might be right if isaac turns into an alpha dog on offense at some point.  

I disagreed because i think that mindset isn't something you develop and the rarity of a guy who can manufacture scoring like smith at 6th in the draft is hard to come by.  

That makes sense, but with as many losing seasons as we put together in a row I think the immediate result should have outweighed the "maybe, we hope he becomes..."

No way we see trades this early in the season. The FO said this was an evaluation year for everyone and the injury bug has made things difficult. 

The only thing clear right now is that the Mario ship has sailed.

Just now, fan for too long 2 said:

Maybe we are just getting our January now and getting it out of the way. 

Or maybe we'll be getting our January for the rest of the season.