Sign in to follow this  
HardCutting Franz

Official Game Thread : Magic @ Pelicans

2 minutes ago, Odin said:

Since we like to talk about Gordon’s improvement and what he can do better- he had two noticeable moments on offense that he can improve upon (that I could see, missed part of the game with work).

1. Hesitating at the three point line again. When he was completely open in the corner, he hesitated again. I think he would have had a better chance if he had driven to the basket instead, especially since NO decided to play the “mill around like we are at a party” defense. Instead, he missed.

2. Hero ball with no plan- this ended in a predictable miss.

i am really upset about the calls against him tonight though. He was basically playing textbook D every time I saw with his arms straight up, but then would get called for a foul.

His 4th and final Foul that ended his night was totally on him. Undisciplined.....

8 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I don't know.... Memphis plays outstanding defense.

Sure but vucevic can defend gasol. They like to play sssslllllloooooooow so we should disrupt that.  Andrew Harrison is going to have to defend Fournier.  

Good matchup.  

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

Sure but vucevic can defend gasol. They like to play sssslllllloooooooow so we should disrupt that.  Andrew Harrison is going to have to defend Fournier.  

Good matchup.  

We'll see... I hope your right, but they're starting out the season strong.

After we allowed 40 points in the 2nd quarter, we followed that by holding the Pelicans to just 35 points in the entire 2nd half.

Credit to coach for the adjustment. 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Aaron Gordon and Jonathan Isaac play whole 3rd quarter, limit Anthony Davis to just two field goals in the quarter.

Yeah... And Mo Speights shot them out of the game in the first 6 minutes of the 4th quarter.

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

We are tied for first in the League. 

Enjoy, but be wary.... There's a WHOLE lot of basketball left to play. I like this new pace and I absolutely love the upgraded bench.