Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, ML6 said:

The following is not fine... these are bad hot takes:

Gordon missed that game in Cleveland because of an ankle injury, and perhaps his absence allowed the team to move the ball as well as it did.

At the same time, however, there were instances in which the offense’s flow slowed, even stopped, when Gordon touched the ball.

True.  Stupid OS already trying to push away our one star.  

• Upvote 1

I don't personally think Fournier's quote was aimed at AG; I don't think anyone could possibly be stupid enough to watch a guy carry you to victory and then question the manner in which he did it, especially when there is almost no evidence that he actually hijacked the offense.

That would be like someone saving a group of people from a burning building and one guy going "I didn't like how you saved the children first, I was getting really hot in there".

Just now, ML6 said:

I don't personally think Fournier's quote was aimed at AG; I don't think anyone could possibly be stupid enough to watch a guy carry you to victory and then question the manner in which he did it, especially when there is almost no evidence that he actually hijacked the offense.

That would be like someone saving a group of people from a burning building and one guy going "I didn't like how you saved the children first, I was getting really hot in there".

Ahhh like Jonathan Kent in MOS.  That's Robbins. 

yeah, there's definitely arguments against Gordon when he slows down the game. but last night whatever isos happened resulted from quick immediate reactions. whenever he did slow down and jab step he usually passed it where last year he'd jab, jab, jab, take three. What he did last night was no different than Fournier driving to the basket or payton attacking a lane he sees in the defense.

4 minutes ago, ML6 said:

Fournier and Gordon did get in a visible argument during the second quarter last night after Fournier took a contested jumper when Gordon was open on a cut.

1 minute ago, ML6 said:

The following is not fine... these are bad hot takes:

Gordon missed that game in Cleveland because of an ankle injury, and perhaps his absence allowed the team to move the ball as well as it did.

At the same time, however, there were instances in which the offense’s flow slowed, even stopped, when Gordon touched the ball.

It is definitely a dumb take, especially when he scored so efficiently. Ball movement for ball movement's sake is stupid. Ball movement for the sake of getting better shots is not.

If we are complaining about someone stopping the ball, it probably should be Vuch, who shot the ball 17 times, scored only 12 points, and only had one assist. If anyone was stopping the ball in the starting line-up, it was him.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Fournier and Gordon did get in a visible argument during the second quarter last night after Fournier took a contested jumper when Gordon was open on a cut.

Didn't see that.  Fournier absolutely hated Ibaka last year but I think the rest of the team did too so w/e.  They were always getting in arguments.  Will need to keep an eye on this sort of thing because if Fournier is going to argue with a dude who legit carries you to a win on a given night, he might not have the best mindset.

3 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

yeah, there's definitely arguments against Gordon when he slows down the game. but last night whatever isos happened resulted from quick immediate reactions. whenever he did slow down and jab step he usually passed it where last year he'd jab, jab, jab, take three. What he did last night was no different than Fournier driving to the basket or payton attacking a lane he sees in the defense.

Yep, I saw him many times take a single jab step at the beginning of the clock, or some other action, and, when not seeing what he wanted to see, he would pass the ball off instead of trying to force it like last year.

I think what killed ball movement more than anything was the refs calling 10 fouls on Brooklyn in the first quarter. made the game disjointed. slowed it up. Then simmons started digging for calls just flinging himself at the rim. which makes sense given the lineup out there with him where nobody is really a playmaker.

We get our assists by attacking with pace.

Yeah the constant whistles did more to restrict the flow of the game than anything else.

28 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Fournier and Gordon = Kobe and Shaq. :P