Jump to content
?4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

?4thewin    1,334
6 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Boy u are great at skewing numbers. Do you work for the gubment?

Its not really skewing if I'm providing the entirety of the numbers and you just don't like the conclusion.  I gave you the actual numbers (you didn't like that because that reflected a difference in competition). Fine that's reasonable.  I gave you their numbers as starters. You didn't like that because Payton spent a significant amount of time starting with guys hurt.  Ok that's reasonable.  I give you the numbers of players as starters while everyone was healthy and you don't like those numbers either.  But they all show the same thing.  Payton wasn't as good as Augustin this year and Augustin isn't very good to begin with

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odin    39
Just now, Murphy13 said:

So now we are equating DJ's 7 games started to EP's 44 as being statistically significant (or significant in any way).  If I had more time to show the board your love of cherry picked stats perhaps the collective basketball intelligence wouldn't be at an all time low here.  

For the season, Augustin's on-off #s are +.9. Payton's are -5.2.

I am not a huge fan of the trade or anything, nor do I hate Payton- but the team has seemed to work better with Augustin this season over Payton, and that is from both a statistical level and from the eye test.

http://www.82games.com/1718/1718ORL.HTM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,334
5 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

So now we are equating DJ's 7 games started to EP's 44 as being statistically significant (or significant in any way).  If I had more time to show the board your love of cherry picked stats perhaps the collective basketball intelligence wouldn't be at an all time low here.  

tenor.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gordon MVP    243
7 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Ohh Co mon. You are overreacting a little. To early yet to put Hennigan’s brand on him. 

I am not happy with what I have seen but cant completely count them off until I see what happens in the offseason. 

 

More mismanagement of assets 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murphy13    140
2 minutes ago, Odin said:

For the season, Augustin's on-off #s are +.9. Payton's are -5.2.

I am not a huge fan of the trade or anything, nor do I hate Payton- but the team has seemed to work better with Augustin this season over Payton, and that is from both a statistical level and from the eye test.

http://www.82games.com/1718/1718ORL.HTM

I never argued that we struggled as a team with X, Y, or Z on the floor.  It's the continuous presentation of skewed stats that the less knowledgeable latch on to as gospel because it comes from a moderator that's the problem.  Being the lead guard on the team, Payton's numbers are going to be reflective of overall team performance, as will DJ's.  This isn't unique to Payton or the Magic.  Perspective is key, and it's lacking in large quantities.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
?4thewin    1,334

No.  I shouldn't have done that.  That was mean.  You must be really hurting today Murphy.  

Are you going to move to the phoenix board or just choose a new player here to blindly overvalue to an absurd degree

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
magicdoc1    99
7 minutes ago, Murphy13 said:

So now we are equating DJ's 7 games started to EP's 44 as being statistically significant (or significant in any way).  If I had more time to show the board your love of cherry picked stats perhaps the collective basketball intelligence wouldn't be at an all time low here.  

For me is the eye test and my eyes( after Lasix surgery) tells me that EP is not any better that DJ. At least for the rest of this year. And if you think I am wrong then better off, as it Will bring more loses. Cant hurt the tanking. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Odin    39
1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

No.  I shouldn't have done that.  That was mean.  You must be really hurting today Murphy.  

Are you going to move to the phoenix board or just choose a new player here to blindly overvalue to an absurd degree

When is the name going to change?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murphy13    140
Just now, magicdoc1 said:

For me is the eye test and my eyes( after Lasix surgery) tells me that EP is not any better that DJ. At least for the rest of this year. And if you think I am wrong then better off, as it Will bring more loses. Cant hurt the tanking. 

I have no issues with anyone who feels someone is better than someone else.  People have had more problems with my opinions than the other way around.  I just want to win baby.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Murphy13    140
6 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

No.  I shouldn't have done that.  That was mean.  You must be really hurting today Murphy.  

Are you going to move to the phoenix board or just choose a new player here to blindly overvalue to an absurd degree

Please cite instances where I have overvalued Payton.  Quotes, links, please.  I've only ever tried to provide balance to the absurdity you foster.  

And fwiw I feel good, that bandaid was torn off a while ago.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×