Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

10 minutes ago, Odin said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/7/16985968/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-orlando-magic

So, I would feel like they are short changing us a bit here (we are bad, but have shown the ability to play up to good teams on occasion), but yesterday was a pretty pathetic display from Cleveland when we are out 4 rotation players.

Talking about injuries, does anyone think that we are being extremely cautious with some of the injuries (Isaac and Gordon in particular) to help with the tank a bit? (even though it hasn't been working the last 2 games).

Eh. We're bad. If the roles were reversed we wouldn't be talking about how the Cavs beat us. We'd be talking about how pathetic the defense is and no way we should be losing to one of the worse teams in the NBA in the fashion they did.

And no. AG has these little injuries every year and JI needs to get stronger.

20 minutes ago, Odin said:

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/7/16985968/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-orlando-magic

So, I would feel like they are short changing us a bit here (we are bad, but have shown the ability to play up to good teams on occasion), but yesterday was a pretty pathetic display from Cleveland when we are out 4 rotation players.

Talking about injuries, does anyone think that we are being extremely cautious with some of the injuries (Isaac and Gordon in particular) to help with the tank a bit? (even though it hasn't been working the last 2 games).

If we were being cautious for the tank he'd still be in the dunk contest

Knicks fan on reddit regarding Willy trade lol:

Look, when you're a rebuilding team, you have to take the opportunity to unload the $3 million he's owed over the next two years, especially when you have tradeable assets blocking him on the depth chart. I mean, he's basically over the hill at age 22 -- I'm honestly surprised that he can even run at this point in his life.

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Anybody get a a feeling that we DON'T do a deal?? 

Yup. I always say, at least one star is traded every year. DMC last year. Blake this year. Maybe there's another but little small deals like what went down with NY and Charlotte are usually it.

We're in purgatory guys and I feel more and more that Martin's comment on 2030 is legit.

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

We're in purgatory guys and I feel more and more that Martin's comment on 2030 is legit.

Being champions by 2030 =/= fielding a respectable team well before then.