Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It did.  He's 6'6 with an almost 6'11 wingspan.  He's played most of the season as the backup 2/3 but they recently struck gold running kemba - (couple different sgs)-batum - graham - Dwight lineups.  And the story points out that he's a hard nosed guy that plays bigs tough. 

So he's basically a young Jared Dudley.  Good utility guy who works in a variety of lineups.  

Solid. Could always use those guys. I'm all for that. But if we're going to get hard nose guys who want to win, and we're going to win ourselves out of a high draft pick, we're gonna have to get a player who's first option material because I don't see that here. I don't see any late in the draft and don't see any in FA.

18 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

That's exactly what i don't want us to do.

Jajaja. I got you. I was just playing

I dont really want to get rid of Mario either. I still have high hopes we can sign him to a multiyear contract at the end of the year. 

But I still want us to go after Evans in the free agency tho. He and Porzingis are my two favorite players in the league.

12 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It did.  He's 6'6 with an almost 6'11 wingspan.  He's played most of the season as the backup 2/3 but they recently struck gold running kemba - (couple different sgs)-batum - graham - Dwight lineups.  And the story points out that he's a hard nosed guy that plays bigs tough. 

So he's basically a young Jared Dudley.  Good utility guy who works in a variety of lineups.  

So he is a guy you can not worry about being switched onto multiple positions (can he guard 1-4? I am guessing 5s are generally still too big), and can play small minutes at the 4 if needed.

Definitely sounds like the type of guy we should be interested in. Seems a little similar to Iwundu.

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2018/2/7/16985968/cleveland-cavaliers-lebron-james-orlando-magic

So, I would feel like they are short changing us a bit here (we are bad, but have shown the ability to play up to good teams on occasion), but yesterday was a pretty pathetic display from Cleveland when we are out 4 rotation players.

Talking about injuries, does anyone think that we are being extremely cautious with some of the injuries (Isaac and Gordon in particular) to help with the tank a bit? (even though it hasn't been working the last 2 games).