Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Just now, Magicman28 said:

But there's no guarantees he'll grow into that.

I'm betting he becomes one.. He has improved leaps and bounds.. And is going to continue to grow. Hope this is just all trade crap rumours. 

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Depends on the all star.  

Also, what is the definition of All-star in this context? All star this year? All star last year? All star ability/ potential? All star some time in their career?

Would you be happy with Drummond, Lowry, Love, or Aldridge? All are all-stars this year.

What about Marc Gasol, IT, D-Jordan, or Walker? All were All-stars last year.

Just now, Odin said:

Also, what is the definition of All-star in this context? All star this year? All star last year? All star ability/ potential? All star some time in their career?

Would you be happy with Drummond, Lowry, Love, or Aldridge? All are all-stars this year.

What about Marc Gasol, IT, D-Jordan, or Walker? All were All-stars last year.

I'm talking A Davis and that level of all star.. 

The only other way I consider MAYBE is for another top 3-5 pick this draft. This is nuts 

I agree with P4TW's list; but none of those players are getting traded.

So the subtext here is that moving AG is reasonable for a select handful of guys -- but those guys aren't available.  So then we're listening to offers for guys who don't move the needle. 

Imagine a trade deadline where all of the guys who we've been pining to potentially move -- Vooch, Elf, Augustin, maybe Fournier -- all stay and *****IN AG OF ALL PEOPLE GETS TRADED.  That is enough to give me nightmares.

Just now, Jay Magic said:

The only other way I consider MAYBE is for another top 3-5 pick this draft. This is nuts 

3-5 pick is still a bad return, as you are making another bet that a player might pan out.

Just now, Odin said:

3-5 pick is still a bad return, as you are making another bet that a player might pan out.

Ignore me I had a moment.. I don't want to trade him full stop! 

Just now, Jay Magic said:

I'm betting he becomes one.. He has improved leaps and bounds.. And is going to continue to grow. Hope this is just all trade crap rumours. 

Just because you'd bet on it doesn't mean he will and yeah he has improved from last season where he was playing out of position but this month has been awful for him. His defense has taken a nose dive. He's struggling to create offense when he's not hitting shots and he's not an all star.

Before you give him the max, you listen and see if a team bites. Maybe it's a huge fish.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We're sitting in here, and Gordon supposed to be the potential franchise player, and we in here talking about draft picks. I mean, listen, we're talking about draft picks, not an all-star player, not an all star, not an all star, we talking about draft picks.

Sorry couldn't help myself there.

12 minutes ago, Odin said:

Ehh, I think you are underselling Capella a bit there (though I probably did rate him way too high). I don't think it is is that much more egregious than throwing Wiggins as a good option.

Capella is a dump off guy.  Almost all of his baskets are assisted. A large percentage of his unassisted baskets are tip ins. He's not significantly different than birch.  He's better, but the point is you can find enough guys out there in free agency to be Capela by committee.  Whatever team pays Capella is full of idiots.  Just like it was dumb to pay biyombo.