Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

35 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You're just wrong.  We're bad because half the roster is injured.  It can get much worse

Barton makes nothing but is on an expiring contract.  We'd have to pay him like Fournier next summer.  

Mudiay doesn't need a different team.  He's just not good.  Just like he was not good in China.  Dunn isn't all that good in Chicago.  He's ok.  He needed a new scenery because he had to compete with Rubio for minutes. 

I will not completely disagree with your opinion in regards the Magic and Denver trade views as that could be debatable but the Dunn statement is completely wrong. 

He is averaging 13 ppg 5 assist 5 rebounds and 2 steals per game on 28 minutes per night. That is really good in my book. 

He is not all star material but good nevertheless.

when I presented the trade I was not only thinking about this season sinceThere is a great chance we will not be making the playoff this year. I was thinking about the cap situation and ways we can allow new management make their own move and clean house. Our cap space will be better with this move.

but is ok. We can move on to other options. It was just one possible option.

Still paying for all of Hennigan's mistakes.  New FO hopefully will make the moves that benefit our team (Simmons is #1 and I think Isaac's absence proves he may be #2, hoping Iwudu can be that defensive minded scoring guard (2-3 years from now).  Injuries were one thing we had to avoid this year and we see the result.    To start to build around Gordon, Isaac, next year's (high?) draft pick will be a start.  Free agency handcuffed (both Ross and Biz come to mind) for a couple of years which coincides with 2 first round picks in 2019.  If FO makes the right moves we are not that far away.  Also, Starting to wonder if Vogel is the right coach for our rebuild.  Patience is a virtue.

5 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I will not completely disagree with your opinion in regards the Magic and Denver trade views as that could be debatable but the Dunn statement is completely wrong. 

He is averaging 13 ppg 5 assist 5 rebounds and 2 steals per game on 28 minutes per night. That is really good in my book. 

He is not all star material but good nevertheless.

when I presented the trade I was not only thinking about this season sinceThere is a great chance we will not be making the playoff this year. I was thinking about the cap situation and ways we can allow new management make their own move and clean house. Our cap space will be better with this move.

but is ok. We can move on to other options. It was just one possible option.

330 players have a higher efg% than Dunn this year. Production with poor efficiency means little.  

14 minutes ago, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Are you aware Dunn has a higher efg% than John Wall, Mike Conley, Dennis Smith Jr, and Russell Westbrook?

Yes! But I dont like efg% at all . I like the usage rating more. This is how much a team trust a player to run a play for that specific player.

Dunn has a solid 25.6%. Above average amont PG’s. 

To get you an idea how good it is:

usg%

Payton: 19.4

Ball: 17.5

Dragic: 25.7

walker: 26.7

Rubio: 22.9

Dinwiddie: 20.7

Collison: 16.9. 

Smith Jr: 29.3(wow)

westbrook: 33.8(amazing)

curry: 30.8(incredible)

Wall: 28.3(expected to be higher)

I didnt want to look for more but you get the idea. So yes, he is a solid young PG.

Just now, The Neighborhood Bully said:

Are you aware Dunn has a higher efg% than John Wall, Mike Conley, Dennis Smith Jr, and Russell Westbrook?

Sure.  But those guys are having inefficient seasons and most have earned the benefit of the doubt.  

My point is a guy with inefficient production on a 20 win type team means nothing because the history of guys that do that have careers all over the place.  Look at Michael Carter Williams

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Yes! But I dont like efg% at all . I like the usage rating more. 

Dunn has a solid 25.6%. Above average amont PG’s. 

To get you an idea how good it is:

usg%

Payton: 19.4

Ball: 17.5

Dragic: 25.7

walker: 26.7

Rubio: 22.9

Dinwiddie: 20.7

Collison: 16.9. 

Smith Jr: 29.3(wow)

I didnt want to look for more but you get the idea. So yes, he is a solid young PG.

what do you think usage rating measures? 

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

So what do we do at this point? What direction do we take and how do we get there?

It seems that playoffs are about out of the equation, again!

depends on how the next 10 games go

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

what do you think usage rating measures? 

It is how much a team trust a player to run a play for him. How valuable this player is for a specific team.