Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Vuc and Augustin for dinwiddie and Carroll. We clear 3 million next season. Clear Augustin's 7.25 million for 2019 so we have more wiggle room long term.  Carroll isn't great but provides another 3-4 to fill that gap we have.  Dinwiddie can shoot and is 6'6. Would be a good foil for Payton throughout the rest of the season and at least puts us in a better position to deal with free agency next year

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

Vuc and Augustin for dinwiddie and Carroll. We clear 3 million next season. Clear Augustin's 7.25 million for 2019 so we have more wiggle room long term.  Carroll isn't great but provides another 3-4 to fill that gap we have.  Dinwiddie can shoot and is 6'6. Would be a good foil for Payton throughout the rest of the season and at least puts us in a better position to deal with free agency next year

Biz starts and you open up more minutes for speights and Simmons to play together.  You have birch or occasional weird Isaac or Gordon at 5 stretches to fill gaps.  

43 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Basically, my hypothesis is we could trade vucevic for a point guard and we'd be fine

I gave u a plus one on this!! This is truly what we need! I am ok with letting Biz contract run his course. Maybe with more playing time and better lineup will make him a better all around player.

At least if we suck this year we'll fix the point guard or center position.  There's like 6 centers that project as great defenders and at least 2 potential pg upgrades

28 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Man, I just got a flashback of the Jaravis Crittenton days. Not saying he's identical. I just think we need to go with a more proven track record.

7 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Why would the nets give up dinwiddie? Have you seen what he's done lately? Not for vuch and Augustine. It's a dream pipe. 

Selling high on him.  Getting a starting center for a backup pg. 

12 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Why would the nets give up dinwiddie? Have you seen what he's done lately? Not for vuch and Augustine. It's a dream pipe. 

I think you undervalue Vuch a bit here. He is very likeable around the league and contract friendly. The Nets are in need for an upgrade at the center position. 

Dinwiddie has been playing great lately but it has been and unexpected surprise for them. They clearly need to make a splash and Vuch can make them better. 

If I am The Nets i will jump on this!

Just now, Magicman28 said:

Man, I just got a flashback of the Jaravis Crittenton days. Not saying he's identical. I just think we need to go with a more proven track record.

There is no proven track record.  This is more of a salary fix/ flyer 

Either it works and we have a pg who fits our style or it doesn't and we still have the Payton choice we can make.  

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

There is no proven track record.  This is more of a salary fix/ flyer 

Either it works and we have a pg who fits our style or it doesn't and we still have the Payton choice we can make.  

I'm not really concerned with free agents. It's slim there.

We're going to have to hit a homerun in a trade.