Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

39 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

It is funny how people keep calling this trade a bad overall trade for both sides. 

I, personally, think it was a wise move by Detroit. Detroit is no a city that will attract any free agents if you have no talent. Blake is someone that can and will do that for a franchise. I am not sure if Drummonds will stay there for long if they dont do well in the playoffs. 

LA was not doing well been over the cap and  with Blake and Deandre as their main pieces. But I dont think they are in tanking mode. I dont see their ownership considering that option. I think they will continue to make moves to remain competitive. 

Tobias is not Lebron but he is surely a nice piece to have. Lets just wait and see how things goes over the next couple of weeks and see what happens. They  now have 2 first round picks they can use to trade if needed for better talent or just keep them to select decent talent to help them  next year.  

The problem from detroits perspective is this is basically their team now.  They have very little wiggle room to fix holes.  

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

The problem from detroits perspective is this is basically their team now.  They have very little wiggle room to fix holes.  

True but I'm not going to put it past Stan to find a way. He fleeced us and he just acquired a all star. 

NBA is a crazy place when it comes to trades.

Still can’t believe what Dipo and Harris netted over the last year. Henny and the Magic look like the new kid at the poker player who’s been fleeced by vet players. Henny obviously is a great scout but awful gm. Looking ahead, we better not give AG away in a boneheaded trade. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

It will definitely be interesting to see how they will do and how they will try to fix the holes. As I said before, they are now basically the eastern conference version of the Pelicans now, two good bigs, an ok point guard (when healthy) and not much of anything else.

1 minute ago, Soul Bro said:

Still can’t believe what Dipo and Harris netted over the last year. Henny and the Magic look like the new kid at the poker player who’s been fleeced by vet players. Henny obviously is a great scout but awful gm. Looking ahead, we better not give AG away in a boneheaded trade. 

Dude, Henny was forced to do those trades.  Marc Daniels even said he believes that. You don't acquire young talent like Henny was just to give them up for the players he got. Harris trade was to appease Skiles and Ibaka was to appease an impatient upper management.

I don’t think LA goes to purgatory. You get 2 nice young players in Harris and Bradley. You gain a first round pick which will me somewhere in the top 17. You are gonna lose more games yourselves so their pick will be better. 

Also, if they could get CLE’s first for DJ that’d give them 3 picks in the top 17 this year to pair with Bradley and Harris. That’s not even taking in what they will get for Williams. 

Im not saying it’s great, but if they hit on their picks they could have something to build off of. Also, it’s still an LA market they won’t have to beg for free agents. 

2 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I don’t think LA goes to purgatory. You get 2 nice young players in Harris and Bradley. You gain a first round pick which will me somewhere in the top 17. You are gonna lose more games yourselves so their pick will be better. 

Also, if they could get CLE’s first for DJ that’d give them 3 picks in the top 17 this year to pair with Bradley and Harris. That’s not even taking in what they will get for Williams. 

Im not saying it’s great, but if they hit on their picks they could have something to build off of. Also, it’s still an LA market they won’t have to beg for free agents. 

Maybe not. Agree, let's see what they get for Lou and DJ. Cleveland might even give them the Brooklyn pick if they do a deal.

7 minutes ago, HeHateMe said:

I think theres a pretty good chance neither Harris nor Bradley are on the team in a year

23 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

Dude, Henny was forced to do those trades.  Marc Daniels even said he believes that. You don't acquire young talent like Henny was just to give them up for the players he got. Harris trade was to appease Skiles and Ibaka was to appease an impatient upper management.

As I’ve said before, if Henny was “forced” to do those trades, he was a weak gm and should not have held the title. Yet he did hold the title and with that comes the responsibility, right or wrong. I’m glad he’s gone and I’m glad we now have basketball management with gm experience. No way do these guys now at the helm get “forced” into very bad decisions. 

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

As I’ve said before, if Henny was “forced” to do those trades, he was a weak gm and should not have held the title. Yet he did hold the title and with that comes the responsibility, right or wrong. I’m glad he’s gone and I’m glad we now have basketball management with gm experience. No way do these guys now at the helm get “forced” into very bad decisions. 

Weak? Come on man. He was an employee. He didn't do anything immoral. We're not talking about some inhumane catastrophe. He made frigging basketball moves that fit  his coach and his boss's thought process.

You wanted him to pull a Skiles and just get up and walk out and never GM again?

Its basketball man.

Btw, the only reason why the new regime isn't forced yet is because they're new. 

• Downvote 1

1 minute ago, Magicman28 said:

Weak? Come on man. He was employee. He didn't do anything immoral. We're not talking about some inhumane catastrophe. He made frigging basketball moves that fit  his coach and his boss's thought process.

Weak in his leadership. Absolutely. Either he was or was not the decision maker in basketball decisions. If he ultimately was not, he at least steered the vessel. Either way, the Magic look like the jv team in the league right now. 

As to the be Detroit trade, I like what Lowe wrote. If the Clips couldn’t win with Paul, Griffin and Jordan, how can Detroit expect to win with Jackson, Griffin and Drummond?