Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

Its like fultz is in a body swapping story and we're really watching fultz's grandma try to play basketball while fultz is off trying to track down the magic amulet while in his grandma's body.  

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Its like fultz is in a body swapping story and we're really watching fultz's grandma try to play basketball while fultz is off trying to track down the magic amulet while in his grandma's body.  

Maybe Fultz had the MJ sneakers from “Like Mike” and they were stollen from him by Donovan Mitchell!

9 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It's the craziest story I can remember. Makes Ainge look like a genius.

I think there has to be something else attached to this story. I dont buy the fact he is truly this injured.

Maybe he took some enhancing drugs and they dont want him to be tested or maybe they are trying not to take to much attention on simmons rookie year performance. Who knows. But  dont you find it weird that there are videos leaked of him shooting the ball on closed door practices? Who is leaking the videos? Why are they allowing for this to happen? On multiple times. 

2 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

I think there has to be something else attached to this story. I dont buy the fact he is truly this injured.

Maybe he took some enhancing drugs and they dont want him to be tested or maybe they are trying not to take to much attention on simmons rookie year performance. Who knows. But  dont you find it weird that there are videos leaked of him shooting the ball on closed door practices? Who is leaking the videos? Why are they allowing for this to happen? On multiple times. 

PED’s don’t altar your shot. 

12 minutes ago, magicdoc1 said:

Faking the injury

I would suspect if he was taking PED's, he would be playing.

Most athletes use them to recover.

Something else is going on.

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You also can be tested while injured

There is a big gray area there. It is truly not clear. Someone wrote an article years ago in regards of college basketball players and prevalence of PED usage. They mentioned 2/3 of them do use some level of PED. 

According to the article Bill Simmons wrote after the miraculous recover Ray Lewis. NBA players are only tested four times during the course of the season. The fourth time can be anytime between October and June. So guess what, after that fourth time happens in...let's say April to be fair, I am going to assume most players start juicing up. 

Maybe he was on PED’s before and now he could be just trying to clean up and is really affecting him. 

Again, I am just been noisy. There is a 90% chance I am off here. It’s just that any of this “injury” making any sense to me.

Initial injury followed by mental component is the best explanation in my opinion.  I almost wonder if there is an anxiety aspect to it.  Not like he's nervous, I mean like clinical anxiety. 

I started playing volleyball in about 6th grade as a way to kill time when I wasn't playing basketball.  Soon I was playing on club teams, traveling the country playing, training extensively, and in many ways making it my #1 sport over basketball, which had been my first love.  I played on one of the top HS teams in the state and during club season would frequently play some of the best teams in the country -- Hawaiian, Puerto Rican, Southern Californian, and Midwest powerhouse teams.  This is all to say that by the time I was a senior in high school, I was a pretty decent player and captain of the squad.  My calling card was defense (I typically played a position called libero which plays only back row), but as a senior I would play outside hitter in order to be on the court at all times.

About 2 weeks into the season, I had the first panic attack of my life in calculus.  This turned into crippling anxiety that I fought for more than a year.  I never told my coaches, thinking they would just tell me to toughen up; in reality, I didn't need to tell them anything because my inability to pass the ball was evidence enough that something was going on.  I could no longer serve receive.  I would shank every pass.  Playing in front of a couple hundred people was too much pressure.  Hell, even passing in front of my coaches in practice was tough.  They eventually subbed me in only to play front row, when historically I had done the opposite.  My best skill was no longer something I had.

This could be overthinking it and maybe it's all physical and I'm just projecting, but just because he's in the NBA doesn't mean he's immune to that kind of thing.  He's pretty much the same age that I was, and I wasn't the #1 pick with tons of expectations riding on him while playing in front of 20,000 people. 

Maybe it is mental.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/2016/01/11/10-athletes-who-got-yips-and-how-their-careers-worked-out

I did go over to the Philly board and they got clips of him throwing backward shots and stuff. If he has a shoulder problem, you wouldn't be attempting those.

Maybe it's a maturity thing. Maybe he wants to become a spot up shooter with Simmons running the point so he's trying to alter his shot.

I wonder if Philly would be open to trading him though?