Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I stand by that comment. EP is a true PG. Bledsoe is more of a 2 with a scoring mentality. I do wish however that EP could improve that broken jumper. It's truly bad.

We should be past this line of thinking.  Bledsoe had a higher assist percentage last year than Lowry, Thomas, kyrie, curry, kemba, dragic, lillard.  You act like he's lance Stephenson or patty mills.  He's a fine distributor

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You were saying? 

I'm not backpedaling on the trade.  Soul said something and biyombo for Bledsoe and dudley. I said it'd probably take two firsts with biyombo.  My trade was Augustin and hezonja and a mildly protected first for Bledsoe.  That's not that much. 

Edit:i screwed up the quote on this one.  It was in response to crispy pancakes

Yes, your trade suggestion is much closer to realism. I actually think you could get away with a 2nd round pick purely due to the fact that he's basically thrown his teamates and the franchise under a bus. The suns have nowhere to go with him and need to move him pronto. I can't imagine the locker room being very welcoming to him and I doubt the Suns will have many options as a decent amount of players won't be available in trades until December.

15 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

You were saying? 

I'm not backpedaling on the trade.  Soul said something and biyombo for Bledsoe and dudley. I said it'd probably take two firsts with biyombo.  My trade was Augustin and hezonja and a mildly protected first for Bledsoe.  That's not that much. 

Huh? I never thought you were backpedaling- I was agreeing with your idea that Bledsoe is a better player, but disagreeing with your conclusion- that we should trade for him- especially since many of the proposals from others- not you- include Payton and/or Augustin and/ or first round picks.

If it is just your proposal, you probably do it- but I think you might be overly optimistic there.

4 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

We should be past this line of thinking.  Bledsoe had a higher assist percentage last year than Lowry, Thomas, kyrie, curry, kemba, dragic, lillard.  You act like he's lance Stephenson or patty mills.  He's a fine distributor

Huh....????? His Assist to TO ratio is worse then EP's... He's not a facilitator. He's never averaged more then 6 assists per game and that's starting for the last 4 years......

Just now, crisby pancakes said:

Yes, your trade suggestion is much closer to realism. I actually think you could get away with a 2nd round pick purely due to the fact that he's basically thrown his teamates and the franchise under a bus. The suns have nowhere to go with him and need to move him pronto. I can't imagine the locker room being very welcoming to him and I doubt the Suns will have many options as a decent amount of players won't be available in trades until December.

I think Denver would go mudiay, faried, and their first.  So we'd have to sneak by that deal.  I think hezonja and mudiay is a wash but i think they'd prefer mudiay because of Jackson and warren.  I think Augustin might be preferable to faried because they have tons of pfs already.  So our pick would have to beat their pick.  

And honestly i think our 2017 first has less value than it normally would now that we have a solid 9 man rotation. 

Huh....????? His Assist to TO ratio is worse then EP's... He's not a facilitator. He's never averaged more then 6 assists per game and that's starting for the last 4 years......

assist percentage.  Not assist turnover ratio.

AST% -- Assist Percentage
An estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on the floor.

1 minute ago, Payton4thewin said:

I think Denver would go mudiay, faried, and their first.  So we'd have to sneak by that deal.  I think hezonja and mudiay is a wash but i think they'd prefer mudiay because of Jackson and warren.  I think Augustin might be preferable to faried because they have tons of pfs already.  So our pick would have to beat their pick.  

And honestly i think our 2017 first has less value than it normally would now that we have a solid 9 man rotation. 

That's somewhat realistic, because we'd be shedding DJ's bad contract. BUT.... His health scares the **** out of me.

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

assist percentage.  Not assist turnover ratio.

AST% -- Assist Percentage
An estimate of the percentage of teammate field goals a player assisted while he was on the floor.

Actually looking at his general numbers.... His offense doesn't totally impress me. He doesn't shoot the ball from downtown and he actually doesn't score from 2 pt range real well. EP actually does almost as much without being the focal point as a scorer. EP is a cog where Bledsoe had better offensive numbers because the ball was constantly in his hands.

That's somewhat realistic, because we'd be shedding DJ's bad contract. BUT.... His health scares the **** out of me.

Sure.  And it only really makes sense to trade for him if you ultimately think you need a point guard that can shoot.  Because if you need to move on from Payton the only realistic free agent upgrade options over the next couple years are kemba and Bledsoe. So it might make sense to grab Bledsoe while his value is low and enjoy his cheap contract for two years vs banking on getting a guy in free agency.  

Or we might just be fine with Payton.  But if we pick Payton, this is our team we're running with for the next few years. 

2 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Sure.  And it only really makes sense to trade for him if you ultimately think you need a point guard that can shoot.  Because if you need to move on from Payton the only realistic free agent upgrade options over the next couple years are kemba and Bledsoe. So it might make sense to grab Bledsoe while his value is low and enjoy his cheap contract for two years vs banking on getting a guy in free agency.  

Or we might just be fine with Payton.  But if we pick Payton, this is our team we're running with for the next few years. 

Dude... I understand where you're coming from, but seriously Bledsoe is NOT a great shooter. His FG% and his 3 point % leave a lot to be desired.... He hits his FT's (His biggest asset as a shooter.) He scores more because he takes shots in volume on a poor team.