Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

there's plenty of arguments to not trade for Bledsoe.  Good start.  Payton looks solid. We have great lockerroom chemistry.  Bledsoe had knee surgeries on both knees.  Did Bledsoe develop bad habits the last few years with phoenix? Why trade future assets for a guy that makes you better but doesn't necessarily put you over the top?

Payton is as good as Bledsoe is not a valid argument. It's homerism. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Lmao. Yes.  The same player with the exception of 7.4 points per 36 is a huge *****ing difference. 

Not enough of a difference to start trading MULTIPLE 1st round picks plus players like a few of you were earlier suggesting.....

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Not enough of a difference to start trading MULTIPLE 1st round picks plus players like a few of you were earlier suggesting.....

The multiple firsts was in reference to including biyombo lol

Just now, Payton4thewin said:

The multiple firsts was in reference to including biyombo lol

I wouldn't mortgage the future to get rid of Biz..... I hate his contract, but it's not worth dumping multip0le 1st round picks. That's just insane. And I'm sorry, but Bledsoe isn't that good. He's an above average PG that looks to score. He was the 1st option on a team that hasn't been good for several years.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

there's plenty of arguments to not trade for Bledsoe.  Good start.  Payton looks solid. We have great lockerroom chemistry.  Bledsoe had knee surgeries on both knees.  Did Bledsoe develop bad habits the last few years with phoenix? Why trade future assets for a guy that makes you better but doesn't necessarily put you over the top?

As usual u cherry picked thanks for playing though. 

4 minutes ago, DirtDan2012 said:

I wouldn't mortgage the future to get rid of Biz..... I hate his contract, but it's not worth dumping multip0le 1st round picks. That's just insane. And I'm sorry, but Bledsoe isn't that good. He's an above average PG that looks to score. He was the 1st option on a team that hasn't been good for several years.

And again, nobody suggested that. Just that that's what it would likely take to move biz in the deal.  

5 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

No one has said Payton is better than Bledsoe what has been said is that the difference isn't that great. Certainly not enough to warrant the crazy trade you suggested and now you seem to be back peddling on that. The guy was a no 1 option and has a much higher useage rate on a team that has been second worse to the 76ers for years. He's never managed 82 games in a season and his knees are ready to go at any point.

We've just had arguably our most impressive win for years by passing and sharing the ball, something that Bledsoe has never been particularly good at.

11 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

Yep, I am a Payton fan, but if it wasn't for the knees I'd be all in on trying to get Bledsoe here. Those knees are what make me nervous, which makes me trust Payton more long term (if we are just looking at the two of them). Bledsoe impacts the game much more when he is on the court, but he has missed substantial time and age is not often kind on bad knees.

He has two more years on his contract, but do you really want the team to be pressured to give a big contract to an injury prone PG? Because that will likely to happen to whichever team trades for him- no matter how much time he spends injured over the next two seasons.

5 minutes ago, crisby pancakes said:

No one has said Payton is better than Bledsoe what has been said is that the difference isn't that great. Certainly not enough to warrant the crazy trade you suggested and now you seem to be back peddling on that. The guy was a no 1 option and has a much higher useage rate on a team that has been second worse to the 76ers for years. He's never managed 82 games in a season and his knees are ready to go at any point.

We've just had arguably our most impressive win for years by passing and sharing the ball, something that Bledsoe has never been particularly good at.

Thank you.... My point exactly.....

8 minutes ago, Odin said:

Yep, I am a Payton fan, but if it wasn't for the knees I'd be all in on trying to get Bledsoe here. Those knees are what make me nervous, which makes me trust Payton more long term (if we are just looking at the two of them). Bledsoe impacts the game much more when he is on the court, but he has missed substantial time and age is not often kind on bad knees.

He has two more years on his contract, but do you really want the team to be pressured to give a big contract to an injury prone PG? Because that will likely to happen to whichever team trades for him- no matter how much time he spends injured over the next two seasons.

2 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

think EP is actually the better PG of the 2

You were saying? 

I'm not backpedaling on the trade.  Soul said something and biyombo for Bledsoe and dudley. I said it'd probably take two firsts with biyombo.  My trade was Augustin and hezonja and a mildly protected first for Bledsoe.  That's not that much. 

Edit:i screwed up the quote on this one.  It was in response to crispy pancakes

I stand by that comment. EP is a true PG. Bledsoe is more of a 2 with a scoring mentality. I do wish however that EP could improve that broken jumper. It's truly bad.

Plus Bledsoe's injury history is truly disturbing.