Fultz4thewin

2017-2018 Official Season Discussion Thread

I like how we look early in the season, but is now the time to be selling off assets for a score first 28 year old PG with bad knees?  It is not as though he is the missing piece to get this team to a championship level.  At best he gets us to a playoff level.  At worst we hogs the ball, retards the progress we are making and we miss the playoffs having lost assets.    

2 minutes ago, Magicman28 said:

It's subjective. Substance to us may not be of substance to them. 

We do not give them anything of substance from our perspective.

Simmons, AG, Vuch, Isaac, Fournier, Ross, and EP are of substance to us and players I would not trade for Bledsoe. 

I don't know if I'd trade Mario simply because of Bledsoe's knees and Mario's youth/potential but I'd consider it.

you tend to be overly risk averse on trades. You'd never get a trade done because you'd never give up anything to get something.

I like Mario. I'm a big Mario believer. but his potential mattered more before we added ross, simmons, and Isaac. That doesn't mean we should give him away because it's always nice to have extra talent. but there's no reason we should avoid adding Mario for an obvious point guard upgrade. Even if Bledsoe blew out his knees it's a relatively low risk scenario for us.

1 hour ago, Payton4thewin said:

think it'd have to be Mario augustin and our first for Bledsoe.

and I'd do that.

I'd do that, too. How much would you want to restrict the pick?

7 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

I like how we look early in the season, but is now the time to be selling off assets for a score first 28 year old PG with bad knees?  It is not as though he is the missing piece to get this team to a championship level.  At best he gets us to a playoff level.  At worst we hogs the ball, retards the progress we are making and we miss the playoffs having lost assets.    

we probably wont do a trade for these reasons. but it's worth talking about because Bledsoe is one of the last reasonable options at a point guard upgrade.

I’d love a PG rotation of Bledsoe/Payton. Sign me up. Bledsoe has quite a bit of experience playing the 2 as well, which makes us even more flexible and deep. Mario/DJ/Mildly protected first. I’m in

15 minutes ago, Payton4thewin said:

you tend to be overly risk averse on trades. You'd never get a trade done because you'd never give up anything to get something.

I like Mario. I'm a big Mario believer. but his potential mattered more before we added ross, simmons, and Isaac. That doesn't mean we should give him away because it's always nice to have extra talent. but there's no reason we should avoid adding Mario for an obvious point guard upgrade. Even if Bledsoe blew out his knees it's a relatively low risk scenario for us.

I am when the guy has knees like he does.

If Mario was involved I'd be alright with it. 

Just now, Magicman28 said:

I am when the guy has knees like he does.

If Mario was involved I'd be alright with it. 

everyone has a knee or something.