Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

New GM Thread

I love that we hired a search firm. It'll allow for clear analysis and advise on what and who we hire. Already I get the sense from the reports that two things have been aired: 1. No more Martins overseeing basketball anything, and 2. No more nepotism right out of the gate.

I love that we hired a search firm. It'll allow for clear analysis and advise on what and who we hire. Already I get the sense from the reports that two things have been aired: 1. No more Martins overseeing basketball anything, and 2. No more nepotism right out of the gate.

...BUT....Martins (the cockroach) never had ANYTHING to do with basketball decisions...it was ALL Henny...lol. Not his problem...#cluelessorginization!

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-magic/os-sp-magic-alex-martins-mike-bianchi-0504-story.html

You don't need clear analysis from a hiring firm....

You need a basketball guy.

You think Pat Riley needs a hiring firm?

How about Mark Cuban?

Magic Johnson used a firm to hire Pelinka? (Not saying Pelinka is good).

No.......

It's a joke.

You don't need clear analysis from a hiring firm....

You need a basketball guy.

You think Pat Riley needs a hiring firm?

How about Mark Cuban?

Magic Johnson used a firm to hire Pelinka? (Not saying Pelinka is good).

No.......

It's a joke.

Simple question: do you trust Devos or Martins to hire the right "basketball guy?"

Simple question: do you trust Devos or Martins to hire the right "basketball guy?"

That about sums it up.

Martins no......

But Devos can pick a basketball guy. It's not hard.... Owners in sports do it all the time.

Firm is to get bang for their buck. They want an up and comer that they won't have to pay.

Rich Devos is 91 years old...and a wonderful human being from what I have heard....but I would doubt he is picking anything except his personal crevices. Please dont let him pick a GM.

Lmao

Cleveland playing hard to get.

https://sports.yahoo.com/news/sources-magic-asked-permission-speak-cavs-gm-david-griffin-cleveland-owner-dan-gilbert-unresponsive-144927402.html

Sources: Cavs owner Dan Gilbert has not responded to Magic's request to interview GM David Griffin

I feel bad for griffin. Cleveland is going to let him go or try to resign him to an ultra cheap deal. they're hoping every opening is filled and they can say "we'll pay you nothing and you'll like it because what leverage do you have".

I feel bad for griffin. Cleveland is going to let him go or try to resign him to an ultra cheap deal. they're hoping every opening is filled and they can say "we'll pay you nothing and you'll like it because what leverage do you have".

Can someone explain why we would be so interested in him? It doesn't seem like he has really accomplished anything that anyone else wouldn't have done. I am very confused by our interest right now, if the interest is real.