Sign in to follow this  
Magicman28

Henny has been fired!

Since Rob is fired, Martins should be next without hesitation. He was the one who deviated from the plan just to get his boy an job. He was one of the biggest reasons why we're here as of today.

I agree with the first part. Even if I still think Skiles was a good coach, and Hennigan was a garbage GM, you don't force any GM to hire a coach he doesn't want. That will never work. Unsurprisingly, it blew up in Martins' face. That said, I still don't really blame anything on Skiles, other than him quitting - but even that's hard to argue was the wrong move for him. The management of this team is probably still a mess. Hopefully we'll get a GM Martins respects enough to leave alone.

our front office is not a homogenous blob of consensus opinions. He could be responsible for every good move we've made in the draft and several moves we didn't make but would have been good in hindsight. He could have been responsible for every bad move we made. We don't know.

Hennigan gets ultimate responsibility as he makes the decisions. but for all we know Lloyd was pushing for giannis over oladipo. or he could have been pushing for tyler ennis over payton. we don't know.

This is why we cant make declarative statements on GM hires.

I think you can look at a GM hire who has GMed before for their philosophy, management style, and types of moves they tend make. Otherwise it can be difficult to parse through from the outside.

We can agree that whoever comes in will try to change a whole lot, right?

There's no way you can go "if it's not broken don't fix it" because this **** is broken as hell.

I'm hoping for major roster turnaround, whether it's to tank or to build a contender

I agree with the first part. Even if I still think Skiles was a good coach, and Hennigan was a garbage GM, you don't force any GM to hire a coach he doesn't want. That will never work. Unsurprisingly, it blew up in Martins' face. That said, I still don't really blame anything on Skiles, other than him quitting - but even that's hard to argue was the wrong move for him. The management of this team is probably still a mess. Hopefully we'll get a GM Martins respects enough to leave alone.

He won't. That's not how this organization is run.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/C9TIPMzUIAYxOWn.jpg

He's already shifting the blame. Rob falls on the sword and Martins pushes him further down.

Martins gotta go.

Matt Lloyd:

http://www.blogabull.com/2015/5/18/8610703/why-the-bulls-no-longer-draft-successfully-the-loss-of-matt-lloyd-and

Matt Lloyd is one of the most brilliant scouts you've never heard of. It's a shame, because he helped build the Chicago Bulls franchise to what it is today.

Lloyd's official title was Director of College Scouting from 2007-2011, but he was the guy responsible for eyeing and evaluating who the Bulls would draft. He was one of the very few in the Bulls' organization that embraced an analytics-based approach in evaluating talent, keeping detailed statistical databases of draft prospects.

The Bulls had an enormous amount of success in drafting college players with Lloyd taking helm of the ship. From 2007 to 2011, here were some of the Bulls' picks under Lloyd:

•Joakim Noah (9th)

•Derrick Rose (1st)

•Taj Gibson (26th)

•James Johnson (16th)

•Jimmy Butler (30th)

Lloyd left in 2012, promoted to Assistant General Manager for the Orlando Magic. After his departure, the Bulls' drafting fell off a cliff.

Look at all those successful non-lottery picks.

Look at all those successful non-lottery picks.

Nobody says you can't find talent outside the lottery, the fact is you have a better chance to have successful picks the better your pick position is

There's no way you can go "if it's not broken don't fix it" because this **** is broken as hell.

I'm hoping for major roster turnaround, whether it's to tank or to build a contender

sure.

but here's what Hinkie's plan would be:

trade payton for whatever draft compensation you can get for him

Trade Gordon for a future pick. probably a 2019 unprotected first as we don't want to commit big money to a guy when he's not a superstar and we could use the cap space to poach bad contracts from teams trying to dump salary in exchange for picks.

dump Vucevic and ross for future picks because you can probably get something nice for cost controlled players.

Suck.

Yeah, I am not sure I think we need to go full tank, but we definitely need to clean house.

The only player I definitely want to stay is Gordon.

After that- Payton, even if he becomes a back up, I think he improved a lot this year.

Maybe Mario, but I am losing faith.

Otherwise, everyone else can go.

Nobody says you can't find talent outside the lottery, the fact is you have a better chance to have successful picks the better your pick position is

Everyone in team tank is saying we have blown our long term future because we won tonight and will likely pick 5th, instead of 4th, making it all but impossible to draft a good player.

Anyways, I am very happy to hear about Hennigan being fired. Never liked his hiring in the first place, and not sure if I can point to one move outside of the draft that I was ever a fan of.

Now we can get back to improving this team.

• Upvote 1

I feel like im banging my head against a wall.

I imagine he's the same type of person that thinks there's no inherent difference in opportunity when growing up rich vs growing up poor, it just matters how hard you work.

Everyone in team tank is saying we have blown our long term future because we won tonight and will likely pick 5th, instead of 4th, making it all but impossible to draft a good player.

No, they are saying it was stupid because it decreases our odds to get a good player.

Of course it is possible still to get a good player at the 5th pick. The 5th pick might even become the best player in the draft.

It is just more likely to get a good player with a higher draft pick.