Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I like the idea of Mills if we can shed DJ or Watson. Preferably both though

I want no parts of Mills unless it's a one year deal. Rather have the other guys on multi year deals.

I mean that's fine day 1. you gather assets. figure out what we want to build around. shuffle guys out that aren't great long term bets.

But we know where we're going now. The compass is pointing toward Milwaukee. we need to start building around that vision.

I wish the compass was pointing somewhere else lol

We doing late night message board tonight?

I don't expect us to do anything. Maybe a trade but I don't see us signing a FA.

I wonder if Reggie Jackson is still a possible target with Floyd still here?

I don't expect us to do anything. Maybe a trade but I don't see us signing a FA.

I wonder if Reggie Jackson is still a possible target with Floyd still here?

They've thrown him out in multiple trade scenarios publicly and nothing has stuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a call on him, it would appear his value is not reciprocated though.

They've thrown him out in multiple trade scenarios publicly and nothing has stuck. I wouldn't be surprised if they take a call on him, it would appear his value is not reciprocated though.

especially with all of the other point guards out there.

But he does fit our plan of "WINGSPAN!"

I'm cool with a trade if they're giving him away. like augustin, Watson, and that imaginary future first they we received the other day from like 2050.

especially with all of the other point guards out there.

But he does fit our plan of "WINGSPAN!"

I'm cool with a trade if they're giving him away. like augustin, Watson, and that imaginary future first they we received the other day from like 2050.

Yup and he can score.

So what if we offer Detroit Vucevic and Augustin for Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson. Who says no? The numbers work on the trade machine.

So what if we offer Detroit Vucevic and Augustin for Reggie Jackson and Stanley Johnson. Who says no? The numbers work on the trade machine.

If I represented the Magic I would say no to that deal. Vucevic is one of the more underrated bigs in the league. He has more value than Jackson. We (as a collective) tend to forget what he brings to the table, instead focusing on his weakness (defense) and are obsessed with this 'new era' of small ball, even though we don't have a small ball team. Subtracting our best technical player because he's 7 feet doesn't mean you changed your squad to a small ball lineup. Nik is a value at his production/cost.

For Jackson I would throw out DJ and Watson, attach a top 50 protected pick or something and call it quits.

Yup and he can score.

it really depends on what our plans are for the next 2 years. 2018 free agency is going to suck. 2019 might be great with westbrook, klay, wall, kemba, and whoever doesn't get extended from the 2015 draft.

So if we're building for 2019 free agency, we don't need Jackson's contract on the books. if we're building for 2020, when biyombo comes off and Fournier will have 1 year left on his deal we'd have no problem taking on Jackson as his contract falls in line with Biyombo.