Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

The team doesn't suck. That's the problem. We played really poor lineups. We started Augustin and green. We had a mismatched team and still won 29 games. I can't imagine them being worse especially with an identity developing and Payton and Gordon getting better

True. It's easy to forget how many games our bench lost us last year. The DJ, CJ, Rudez, Green, Biyombo lineups were some of my personal favorites

We'll see how serious we are to go for fringe playoffs in free agency. The Isaac pick was a pick toward competing this year, hell, even picking Iwundu was. If we sign a good point that can split minutes with Elf (Hill would be my choice) we could hover around .500

We'll see how serious we are to go for fringe playoffs in free agency. The Isaac pick was a pick toward competing this year, hell, even picking Iwundu was. If we sign a good point that can split minutes with Elf (Hill would be my choice) we could hover around .500

how is the Isaac pick about competing this year when he is a pure upside player

He's got a ton of upside, sure, but he's also one of the most ready to contribute players in the draft. If we went Smith or Monk, they may be better down the road, but they'd have a ton of growing pains while they got minutes and usage and we'd lose a bunch of games.

Because his length, fluidity, defense, and ability to shoot makes him a very valuable player on any team.

yeah, i'd like to make it a 3-team where smart comes here and we send a piece to Indy. it'll take Indy not liking Smart and liking whoever we send more than smart. Elf is prime fit into the equation but I kinda/sorta don't want to give up on him. I wish he had Smart's defense and aggressiveness.

Don't give up on Payton, he said he's going to cut his hair. I have a feeling that once he can actually see the basket he'll be a lot better shooter :D

Because his length, fluidity, defense, and ability to shoot makes him a very valuable player on any team.

I don't think they chose isaac because he's a player who can play this year.

But he's arguably the best defensive player in the draft. And rookies that play defense don't get benched.

I don't see Boston giving up Tatum after the stranglehold they held onto 3 before it actually was a player. We know how Ainge likes his assets

No it would be Jaylen Brown if anything

I don't think they chose isaac because he's a player who can play this year.

But he's arguably the best defensive player in the draft. And rookies that play defense don't get benched.

Defense and a 3 point shot.

He should play though. That will not only be aggravating, but a mistake.

Defense and a 3 point shot.

He should play though. That will not only be aggravating, but a mistake.

I think we'll start Ross with Isaac getting backup SF minutes for the first 20 or so games and then ease him in to the starting line-up next to Gordon.

I think we'll start Ross with Isaac getting backup SF minutes for the first 20 or so games and then ease him in to the starting line-up next to Gordon.

I don't care how bad the shooting in that line-up is either. I just want them to play.

I don't care how bad the shooting in that line-up is either. I just want them to play.

Agree. The defensive potential of a Biz/Gordon/Isaac front court is awesome...add Ross at the 2 and a scrappy vet PG like Beverley at the 1 and that'd be a hell of a lineup to try to score on.