Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Bobby Marks‏Verified account @BobbyMarks42 · 11m11 minutes ago

 More

Heading into FA only about 10 teams have cap space. Great opportunity for BKN, PHI, ORL, SAC to assist teams looking to shed contracts.

oh, would def prefer that, but then it would get tricky with both being up for new money soon.

I'm just saying he's a pretty poor option if you're getting him to be your future point guard. He's not a great passer and he's bad offensively more often than not.

He's overrated because he's in a really good role for him. backing up a solid point guard on a playoff team. so the 12 or so great offensive games a year are really prominent and the other 60 bad games are mitigated by the fact he's a backup that plays fantastic defense.

The only guy they're going to move is Crowder to get the initial cap space to sign Hayward. Then they'll make salary match with indy after signing Hayward.

Apparently Crowder is in the current offer for George plus whatever salary filler. Think they are trying to get George first

since I'm on the summer league subject, I'm certainly excited to see Derrick Walton Jr. and Patricio Garino play. Could potentially be one of our back up PG or 3rd string most likely.

Apparently Crowder is in the current offer for George plus whatever salary filler. Think they are trying to get George first

I'm looking at the math. they have something like 74 million committed in salary plus cap holds. that means they need to cut $4 million to give Hayward a max contract. And they'd only have Horford, Bradley, brown, crowder, Jackson, rozier, smart, and Thomas on contract. They also need to match George's 19.8 million in a trade.

So looking at this the most logical sense would be dump Smart and then use Bradley and crowder to match George. But I dont think boston wants to dump Bradley and Smart with IT as their primary option. They also probably dont want to dump Brown.

so what I think they're going to do is sign tatum, wait 90 days, then use his salary in the trade.

I'm looking at the math. they have something like 74 million committed in salary plus cap holds. that means they need to cut $4 million to give Hayward a max contract. And they'd only have Horford, Bradley, brown, crowder, Jackson, rozier, smart, and Thomas on contract. They also need to match George's 19.8 million in a trade.

So looking at this the most logical sense would be dump Smart and then use Bradley and crowder to match George. But I dont think boston wants to dump Bradley and Smart with IT as their primary option. They also probably dont want to dump Brown.

so what I think they're going to do is sign tatum, wait 90 days, then use his salary in the trade.

I don't think there is any way Indy takes this trade without landing Tatum. Doesn't make too much sense unless they are that desperate.

I don't think there is any way Indy takes this trade without landing Tatum. Doesn't make too much sense unless they are that desperate.

The difference is trading Tatum's rights which has no salary attached vs trading Tatum as a signed player