Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I agree, unfortunately we don't have any of those right players and won't have for quite some time. We should trade him to a team that he fits better and get a cheaper backup center. $17M on a long contract is way too much for a backup center.

The biggest piece we're missing is a pick and roll point guard. Which smith is.

And i think biyombo is probably our starting center

The biggest piece we're missing is a pick and roll point guard. Which smith is.

And i think biyombo is probably our starting center

You thought that last year and Vuch is still around lol.

This HAS to be rectified. Vuch has to go this off season.

I'm expecting either Vucevic or Fournier to be traded as part of a draft day deal packaged with one of our picks to move up. I'd really like to see Nik gone, as Evan, in a role that's appropriate for him, could be a valuable player in the league.

• Upvote 1

I'm expecting either Vucevic or Fournier to be traded as part of a draft day deal packaged with one of our picks to move up. I'd really like to see Nik gone, as Evan, in a role that's appropriate for him, could be a valuable player in the league.

Let's hope

• Upvote 1

This is a weird thought, but:

As much as I like Vogel and wanted us to hire him last year, I would not be upset if the new FO decided they wanted to bring in their own guy and hired Mike Brown. He was always a good defensive guy, and I think working with Kerr's system would make him much better on offense than he was in Cleveland. Plus he could help mold AG into a Draymond role

Dump Vooch, sign Lowry, draft Monk, draft Adebayo...

PG: Lowry, EP

SG: Fournier, Monk

SF: Ross, Hezonja

PF: Gordon, Rudez

C: Biz, Adebayo

Add the second rounders, etc. if we need to clear more cap space to sign Lowry, dump someone else, too.

See, this is the problem with Magic fans..... you aim too low...

Let me give it a shot.....

sign Lowry, Heyward, trade #6, #25 (whatever the pick is), both 2nd rounders, and anyone on the Magic roster (or 2) for Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

PG: Lowry

SG Heyward

SF George (or Butler))

PF Veteran

C Veteran

Bench Vets.

NBA Finals here we come!

This is a weird thought, but:

As much as I like Vogel and wanted us to hire him last year, I would not be upset if the new FO decided they wanted to bring in their own guy and hired Mike Brown. He was always a good defensive guy, and I think working with Kerr's system would make him much better on offense than he was in Cleveland. Plus he could help mold AG into a Draymond role

The basketball world respects Vogel significantly more than Mike Brown as a basketball mind.

See, this is the problem with Magic fans..... you aim too low...

Let me give it a shot.....

sign Lowry, Heyward, trade #6, #25 (whatever the pick is), both 2nd rounders, and anyone on the Magic roster (or 2) for Paul George or Jimmy Butler.

PG: Lowry

SG Heyward

SF George (or Butler))

PF Veteran

C Veteran

Bench Vets.

NBA Finals here we come!

Your problem is you plan too naive.

There's no feasible path toward your plan.

I don't understand the hate for Vuc on this board. Our biggest problem isn't that Fournier, or Vuc sucks, it is that neither of them is a go-to scorer and alpha dog player. That is what we are missing with this team. We have a lot of guys who are good, they are just being asked to do more than they are capable of. You could go pretty far with them as your second or third best player, but you don't have that superstar to lead them. I just don't know how we get that All-Star, alpha-dog player to lead them. We haven't really had draft luck, and I'm not sure we have the assets to trade for them.