Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Nor mine.

Yeah, you anticipating responses to your stupidity and hiding it all behind a supposed AG lovefest. Great job being one step ahead

Very fair assessment! In fact, I would think that this discussion has already taken place with either both players or their agents.

Again, to be fair, all of these guys have been exposed to nothing but inconsistency in coaching and Front Office issues, which hampered/retarded the entire organization. So to coin a phrase....."Don't throw the baby out with the bath water!" is appropriate for where we find ourselves.

writing_thinking.gif

Coaching changes have nothing to do with when you shoot the ball whether it goes in or not!

IMO we shouldn't even be discussing extending Payton when a huge percentage of the board wanted to draft DSJ and let EP go already. The only possible reason I can figure that it didn't happen is management made the calls and there were no decent offers for Payton at all. AG on the other hand I think we should trade while his value is up and before the season starts. There is too much risk that he doesn't improve and we lose any imagined value that still exists with some GMs. IMO that is the other reason we drafted Isaac instead or DSJ.

Coaching changes have nothing to do with when you shoot the ball whether it goes in or not!

IMO we shouldn't even be discussing extending Payton when a huge percentage of the board wanted to draft DSJ and let EP go already. The only possible reason I can figure that it didn't happen is management made the calls and there were no decent offers for Payton at all. AG on the other hand I think we should trade while his value is up and before the season starts. There is too much risk that he doesn't improve and we lose any imagined value that still exists with some GMs. IMO that is the other reason we drafted Isaac instead or DSJ.

21 year old, athletic freak, gym rat, who gets to play his natural position all season going in to his 4th NBA season. There's no way (outside of injury) Aaron doesn't improve this year, the question is how big of a leap he takes.

or maybe 538 is not the end all be all of player evaluations? I don't need 538 to tell me Payton and AG are worth their ridiculous projections when clearly the play on the floor hasn't translated to those kinds of dollars. Why are you OK with giving Gordon that money, but OH when it comes to Payton you're hesitant? just picking when it's convenient?

And like HeHateMe said, I'm not giving that much money to guy who only averages 13/5 and can't hit a three to save his life. If he comes at a Fournier price that's a different story. Let some team make him an offer and just match, there is no reason to outbid ourselves. Same with Payton.

Yeah, but Payton is a 1 that can't shoot. Having a 1 that can't shoot is kind of hard in today's NBA. Gordon can't shoot either but he's a 4 that can guard out on the perimeter.

Payton is older

If Payton can't figure out how to shoot he has to be a ball dominant guard and that might not work in today's nba where ball movement is at a premium. That means if we ever did luck into a jimmy butler type player we would have to trade Payton because you couldn't play both at the same time.

Gordon fits more styles. If all he does is play defense and cut off ball and drive he'll be fine in most cases

And none of those types of players are worth $100m+ or 20% of cap space.

Yeah, you anticipating responses to your stupidity and hiding it all behind a supposed AG lovefest. Great job being one step ahead

Cool story bro.

Wiggins & T-Wolves negotiating 5-year, $148M extension.

AG and his people are happy about that. Like Payton said, 5yr/$113 would be a good number.

AG and his people are happy about that. Like Payton said, 5yr/$113 would be a good number.

I don't really see how they correspond. They're no where near the same caliber of player.

I mean I get the more money other players from the draft class get the better for AG, but Wiggins is on a different planet compared to AG.

Not yet.  But you lack the vision to see what he'll be

we have enough of a sample size to know by now. Aaron Gordon at best, has the ability to go off on certain nights/matchups for 20 or more points, 8 rebounds, and a couple assists and steals. The games he doesn't go off he can be relied upon to play good defense. Unable to create his own offense, but great in transition. Poor outside shooter. Doesn't create contact at a high rate. Overly reliant on athleticism. He's a super 6th man and spot starter for a contending team.

I'm not going to pretend that next season he suddenly shoots 35% from deep or develops a go to move.

• Upvote 1

well *****

there goes my hope that wiggins takes less.

well *****

there goes my hope that wiggins takes less.

Wiggins was never taking less. He's arguably the best player in the NBA under 23. He was always getting every penny.

I don't see how he and AG are even spoken of in the same sentence. One guy could be a future MVP and the other is a fringe starter.