Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

yes. and three years of salary is a worse proposition than two years of salary for a rebuilding team.

So they didn't take on more salary, right?

The new GM is clearly rebuilding so Dwight was moved. As for Bianchi he's absolutely right that I'd rather see Dwight than Bis since they are paid about the same.

I dont like DH but I dont dislike him either. But DH is a better overall player than Biz.

Remember that his desire to come here was prior signing the Atlanta contract. We should has offered him a 15 mil. Per year contract which was equivalent to what Green got and maybe skipped that 17 per year contract we ended with Biz.

DH still thinks he's Hakeem. He needs to focus on being a defensive/rebounding anchor. Until then he's going to be an afterthought.

The new GM is clearly rebuilding so Dwight was moved. As for Bianchi he's absolutely right that I'd rather see Dwight than Bis since they are paid about the same.

I wouldn't. Biyombo is 25 with no real injury history, Dwight is 31 with a ton of mileage on the tires and a history of back problems. That's not even including the drama and the fact he's a horrible teammate. I'd rather have neither, but at least there's a small chance Biz could turn it back around. We should start by not playing him at the 4 next to Vucevic.

Biz will play the role we need Biz to play. Dwight wants to relive the glory days and dominate the ball on offense.

That's counterproductive to our present and our future. It's counterproductive to every team in the modern NBA.

If the argument is "We shouldn't have signed Biz" fine. that's a really solid argument.

but lets not justify "we should have signed marginally less bad player instead".

Just stick with no biz.

At this time last year Dwight was the exact player we needed. It was a legit question and something that was discussed heavily here.

DH still thinks he's Hakeem. He needs to focus on being a defensive/rebounding anchor. Until then he's going to be an afterthought.

Been saying this for 8-10 years now. It's never going to happen. What Dwight "wants" to be and the reality of what he is, or ought to be, do not align.

Been saying this for 8-10 years now. It's never going to happen. What Dwight "wants" to be and the reality of what he is, or ought to be, do not align.

Yeah. I was thinking last year he might've had an awakening but no. Dude requested more shots and even said he's going to work on his 3 pointers at the end of the season.

Yeah. I was thinking last year he might've had an awakening but no. Dude requested more shots and even said he's going to work on his 3 pointers at the end of the season.

You realize he played the least amount of minutes per game and tied his rookie season for lowest shot attempts last season?

Vuc

Gordon

Fournier

Simmons

Payton

Biz

Isaac

Hezonja

Ross

Mack

That's how I think things will go ... Simmons in the SL strengthens our perimeter defense.

That starting lineup has three guys who shoot poorly, Vuch who only shoots mid-range shots well, and Fournier who never passes the ball. That would move us totally in the wrong direction. How many good teams have four starters who can't shoot the 3 nowadays?

You realize he played the least amount of minutes per game and tied his rookie season for lowest shot attempts last season?

and Atlanta was worse with him on the court and no change in defensive rating with him on vs off the court.

he played the least amount of minutes because he has a bad back and has dwindling athleticism due to playing over 1000 games.

That starting lineup has three guys who shoot poorly, Vuch who only shoots mid-range shots well, and Fournier who never passes the ball. That would move us totally in the wrong direction. How many good teams have four starters who can't shoot the 3 nowadays?

I don't think there's one team that has 4 players who can't shoot depending on what you consider to be the threshold for "cant shoot". If its >33% then nobody. If it's >33.9% then phoenix.

I think we go payton-fournier-ross-Gordon-vuc

mack-simmons-hezonja-isaac-biyombo