Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

4-30! No way. He is not going to work under our current offense. I rather have Biz. No more overpaying on 15 minute per game type of players. We need to spen money on starter material.

Use the second rounders for bench role players.

Im convinced Biz also needs better players surrounding him. This current roster is just plain garbage.

• Upvote 1

Im convinced Biz also needs better players surrounding him. This current roster is just plain garbage.

Someone who could run a pick and roll would be nice

• Upvote 1

Exactly. If he was at the Cavs instead of TT or at the Warriors instead of Zaza, my god, it would be light and day to what we saw. Biz isn't a bad player, it's just he's very limited and needs the right players around him to work. We should never have gone after him last season with the roster we had.

Dump Vooch, sign Lowry, draft Monk, draft Adebayo...

PG: Lowry, EP

SG: Fournier, Monk

SF: Ross, Hezonja

PF: Gordon, Rudez

C: Biz, Adebayo

Add the second rounders, etc. if we need to clear more cap space to sign Lowry, dump someone else, too.

4-30! No way. He is not going to work under our current offense. I rather have Biz. No more overpaying on 15 minute per game type of players. We need to spen money on starter material.

Use the second rounders for bench role players.

So you would rather spend $17M a year on Biyombo as a 15 minute bench player than $7.5M on Dedmon as a 15 minute bench player? Not me, I'd rather spend the extra $10M a year on another player that could contribute. But hey, it's not our money anyway, right? LOL

Dump Vooch, sign Lowry, draft Monk, draft Adebayo...

PG: Lowry, EP

SG: Fournier, Monk

SF: Ross, Hezonja

PF: Gordon, Rudez

C: Biz, Adebayo

Add the second rounders, etc. if we need to clear more cap space to sign Lowry, dump someone else, too.

Lowry's not coming here.

So you would rather spend $17M a year on Biyombo as a 15 minute bench player than $7.5M on Dedmon as a 15 minute bench player? Not me, I'd rather spend the extra $10M a year on another player that could contribute. But hey, it's not our money anyway, right? LOL

biyombo isn't a 15 minute bench player.

I think we'll see a lot more player movement this summer than is expected

sure, but why is the 31 year old Lowry going to leave a pretend contender to take absurdly less money to come here.

and to even offer him a max contract we're going to need to dump 18 million in salary

and there's only maybe 5 teams that would consider helping us dump that salary. Brooklyn, Miami, Minnesota, philly, and sacramento.

and it would take pick 25 and probably a 2019 pick to make that happen. Maybe just pick 25 if we use Fournier as the salary dump.

basically, the math isn't there to offer a max guy this offseason. And I think that's probably a good thing.

we draft whoever we draft.

then we go after reclamation projects like Miami did with Waiters last year. Cheap guys who sneak through free agency while teams are focused on higher priority signings. we make a couple 1 year, 5 million signings on omri casspi, Patrick Patterson, shelvin mack, tony snell, guys like that.