Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

DSJ will be good. He's got the athleticism and he has the skills.

That does not mean Isaac won't be. He could potentially be one of the best two way players in the league with proper guidance, work ethic, and mindset.

We're going to have to be patient.

That doesn't stop the concern though. Isaac reportedly didn't release his medical records. He asked out of games early on in summer league. It's something worth noting. If he is able to overcome it and play starter minutes, great. But the fact that there's a chance that might not happen is worrisome.

Again, we hope that isn't the case. It's just something to point out. Everything at this point is speculation.

Game one might've been because of the asthma but I think the others were the strained hip.

How do you figure?

ACL tear isn't near the injury it was 10 years ago. Just about everyone recovers fully from ACL tear's and I've even heard players state they came out stronger after the surgery.

Asthma has a different affect on each person. No case is the same. I actually remember in summer league the announcers saying Issac will have to improve his conditioning because he was out of breath quickly. I had no clue that he had asthma.

It could be nothing but it's worth monitoring.

you guys know me.

I've been here for 10 years.

I'm often considered a homer because I'll start looking at the silver lining of players once we're stuck with them.

I'm not really optimistic about Isaac relative to the other players picked in the lotto. I think he'll be fine. I think we'll spend a long time arguing about this because he'll probably be the 7th or 8th best player in the draft. a couple players picked ahead of him will fail. a couple players picked after him will jump him. someone picked super late that wasn't even a consideration in the top 14 will be really good. Eventually we'll get a great point guard (through payton improvement, free agency, or the draft) and someone will make the argument that they'd rather have (point guard x) plus Isaac rather than smith+(obtainable SF) and they might be right.

but I keep feeling like we drafted a guy who is a best case scenario skinny Paul Millsap

and we missed out on a best case scenario Westbrook. Better shooting Derrick Rose.

big difference in tiers.

you guys know me.

I've been here for 10 years.

I'm often considered a homer because I'll start looking at the silver lining of players once we're stuck with them.

I'm not really optimistic about Isaac relative to the other players picked in the lotto. I think he'll be fine. I think we'll spend a long time arguing about this because he'll probably be the 7th or 8th best player in the draft. a couple players picked ahead of him will fail. a couple players picked after him will jump him. someone picked super late that wasn't even a consideration in the top 14 will be really good. Eventually we'll get a great point guard (through payton improvement, free agency, or the draft) and someone will make the argument that they'd rather have (point guard x) plus Isaac rather than smith+(obtainable SF) and they might be right.

but I keep feeling like we drafted a guy who is a best case scenario skinny Paul Millsap

and we missed out on a best case scenario Westbrook. Better shooting Derrick Rose.

big difference in tiers.

This is how I feel. It's not that I don't like Issac and I get fans wanting to defend their teams new "great potential" player--but Smith Jr was just sitting there.

He made so much sense. Arguably one of the higher upside guys in the draft in terms of becoming a star. Filled a position of need. It was the perfect fit, but we passed on him for another "potential" guys that might not even fit next to AG long-term.

Sure it's only summer league, but I can't help but think those of you that are trying to downplay how good SmithJr has looked aren't actually watching the games. He has it. He looks the part. That's not to say Issac looked bad in SL, but he just looks like another long-term project that to me doesn't really seem to possess that killer instinct that Smith Jr has already displayed.

I was down on Issac for months leading up to the draft but talked and continue to talk myself into liking the pick--but the more I see these other guys shine, mainly SmithJR (there are others) I can't help but think we are going to end up severely regretting this selection.

This is how I feel. It's not that I don't like Issac and I get fans wanting to defend their teams new "great potential" player--but Smith Jr was just sitting there.

He made so much sense. Arguably one of the higher upside guys in the draft in terms of becoming a star. Filled a position of need. It was the perfect fit, but we passed on him for another "potential" guys that might not even fit next to AG long-term.

Sure it's only summer league, but I can't help but think those of you that are trying to downplay how good SmithJr has looked aren't actually watching the games. He has it. He looks the part. That's not to say Issac looked bad in SL, but he just looks like another long-term project that to me doesn't really seem to possess that killer instinct that Smith Jr has already displayed.

I was down on Issac for months leading up to the draft but talked and continue to talk myself into liking the pick--but the more I see these other guys shine, mainly SmithJR (there are others) I can't help but think we are going to end up severely regretting this selection.

yup.

and I can't help think that the most likely scenario is basically "the version of Mo Harkless that all the analysts get excited about when he has that stretch of 10 games every year where he puts up 14 and 7 and hits 35% of his threes before going dormant again for the rest of the season" but full time.

wut

Shams Charania‏Verified account

@ShamsCharania

Following

 More

Spurs free agent Jonathon Simmons has agreed to a three-year deal with the Orlando Magic, league sources tell The Vertical.

ACL tear isn't near the injury it was 10 years ago. Just about everyone recovers fully from ACL tear's and I've even heard players state they came out stronger after the surgery.

Asthma has a different affect on each person. No case is the same. I actually remember in summer league the announcers saying Issac will have to improve his conditioning because he was out of breath quickly. I had no clue that he had asthma.

It could be nothing but it's worth monitoring.

Absolutely