Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Exactly. Right now we should be very excited and talking about how awesome it is to finally have a point guard that can take over games while making everyone else on the team better!

How many NC State games did you watch last year? Just curious... Did you watch any of the games that he actually quit on his team? I did.

I have followed a good amount of these NBA prospects since they were Jrs in high school, but I don't know any more then you or anyone else who will ultimately end up being a star in this league. Injuries, bad systems, bad coaching, or any other of aspects may impact these kids and how they perform. I think DSJ is a great talent, but Isaac is every bit as good of a prospect if not better. None of us know how good these kids will be this year or in the years to follow so please stop acting like you have a crystal ball and somehow know who is marked for greatness and who isn't.....and all because a few Summer League games.

Yes. I do realize that. And asthma doesn't effect everyone the same.

But those guys also didn't ask out of games because of it.

If it's not mildly concerning to you you're just lying to yourself to justify the magic's selection

I didn't realize you watched all of their games over their career...

Perhaps you should read what some of them did to overcome their situations. And yes...many of them did ask to come out of the games until they and the team Drs learned how to deal with it.

It's as if some of you are wanting Isaac and this team in general to fail just so you can say "I told you so"!!!

DSJ is not on this team, and certainly wont be any time soon. Let's see how this plays out this year and the following year before you deem DSJ an all-star and Isaac a bust.

The limited minutes were more concerning than his actual performance. We have him calling out of two games where he only played 21.5 mpg (completely ignore the third as all teams pull their top picks from summer league if they sneeze too hard). We have an entire season of college basketball where he played 26 mpg in a sport where his team played 74 possessions per game.

we're probably going to play a 98 possessions per game type of pace. What happens if he's only an elite backup because of asthma?

He has Asthma? Wow. That's seriously concerning. Why didn't we just draft SmithJr? It's ancient history now but wow.

Derrick Walton Jr just looked like Mike Conley Jr. Pump the breaks on DSJ replacing Jerry West on the NBA logo.

I don't get what people saw in Walton. I saw an undersized below average athlete who MIGHT be able to make it as a low end backup in this league.

Mike Connley? What?

I don't get what people saw in Walton. I saw an undersized below average athlete who MIGHT be able to make it as a low end backup in this league.

Mike Connley? What?

He looked good against Summer League scrubs and everyone went nuts over him. He is maybe a decent backup in 5 years.

He has Asthma? Wow. That's seriously concerning. Why didn't we just draft SmithJr? It's ancient history now but wow.

Those medical records would of helped huh? *Zing*

Yes. I do realize that. And asthma doesn't effect everyone the same.

But those guys also didn't ask out of games because of it.

If it's not mildly concerning to you you're just lying to yourself to justify the magic's selection

I think you may be overreacting. Meanwhile, Smith has a far more checkered injury history. Might as well mention that, too.

I'm sorry, but you do realize there are a good amount of professional athletes who have asthma right? Conditioning is one of the things that most rookies must improve when they get into the league. He is no different.

Here are just a handful who suffer from Asthma

DeAndre Jordan

David Beckham

Richard Jefferson

Jackie Joyner Kersee

Jerome Bettis

Dennis Rodman

Emmett Smith

Dominique Wilkins

I could go on....

That doesn't stop the concern though. Isaac reportedly didn't release his medical records. He asked out of games early on in summer league. It's something worth noting. If he is able to overcome it and play starter minutes, great. But the fact that there's a chance that might not happen is worrisome.

Again, we hope that isn't the case. It's just something to point out. Everything at this point is speculation.