Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

see I don't know if we need him to be the "regular 30 point game guy" to be successful. I think he needs to be Nic Batum. Gordon had the same number of 30 point games last year as Batum did in the past 2 years combined.

What we need from Gordon is to be a "hardly ever 7 point guy. almost always at least 12 ppg guy."

I don't even care about that, if he could be a 'timely buckets' guy like Andre Iguodala I would be happy with the other things he does.

Batum? Stat wise or role? Batum is like a guard. I don't think that's a good comp for AG.

more like a batum like standing in the league.

AG gonna average at least 15 & 7 next season without doubt. First time he will play his natural position properly without no silliness involved. The continuity side is huge. Plus he actually wants to be great the boy doesn't stop working his ass off. I have faith totally

I commend your faith. He's played his natural position his whole career except for about 40 games this last season. You are overestimating the 'natural position' angle.

I commend your faith. He's played his natural position his whole career except for about 40 games this last season. You are overestimating the 'natural position' angle.

He only played 47 games in his rookie year too.

it'd be bad coaching if he didn't average 15. needs more touches.

TIL a guy who averaged 12.7 a game in the NBA would only get 10 a game in the much harder NCAA

You're missing the facets that go into the differences between the games. 12 points at the NCAA level for his position is top option on offense, in the NBA that's below average starter at best. It's not equitable. It doesn't mean the NCAA is tougher, it means you're oversimplifying.

it'd be bad coaching if he didn't average 15. needs more touches.

It would be bad shooting on his part if he doesn't average 15, the touches need to be there for him. They will be or FV will be gone imo.

You're missing the facets that go into the differences between the games. 12 points at the NCAA level for his position is top option on offense, in the NBA that's below average starter at best. It's not equitable. It doesn't mean the NCAA is tougher, it means your oversimplifying.

you aren't accounting for talent level though. half the teams he would play would be defending him with small, unathletic talent.

It would be bad shooting on his part if he doesn't average 15, the touches need to be there for him. They will be or FV will be gone imo.

yeah, I guess it assumes the additional touches come from normal areas. if he takes another few threes he wont hit 15.

Spreading the floor would totally change the dynamic of this team. AG would score more if given the green light to be a central focus of our offense. It hasn't been with a Fournier/Vuc tandem offense. With EP let loose in the second half of the season, I noticed a better connection with Gordon. Curious -- how much did Gordon average in PPG after the all-star break?

I think Gordon will breakout this season. EP too. Things will connect this year.