Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

Espn just dropped their entire basketball staff pretty much

They just dropped their hockey staff too- not that espn really cared about them.

They are just going to have a bunch of blowhards.

Espn just dropped their entire basketball staff pretty much

ESPN sucks. Sports center use to be awesome back in the day but ESPN is now a 24 hour reality **** show.

ESPN sucks. Sports center use to be awesome back in the day but ESPN is now a 24 hour reality **** show.

In an era of Twitter, sportscenter is obsolete.

Espn caters to idiots because they watch longer and more often.

Thanks, you beat me to it. Be patient. You guys do understand that 90% of our collective success up until now has been based on pure luck right?

That is the argument. It's all just luck. If we're good, it's because we're lucky. If someone else is good, well then they were lucky. If we stink, it's just bad luck. No skill involved of any sort. Just like roulette. Just wait long enough because every team gets equal turns at being good and bad, since the luck evens out over the long run.

In an era of Twitter, sportscenter is obsolete.

Espn caters to idiots because they watch longer and more often.

ESPN does some really great things. Their 30 for 30 series(obviously), Outside the Lines, Scott Van Pelt's sportscenter, and Lebatard on the radio side. Like you I think sportscenter just doesn't work anymore but I rather they focus on informative sports information like the above instead of Stephan A Smith and the likes.

ESPN does some really great things. Their 30 for 30 series(obviously), Outside the Lines, Scott Van Pelt's sportscenter, and Lebatard on the radio side. Like you I think sportscenter just doesn't work anymore but I rather they focus on informative sports information like the above instead of Stephan A Smith and the likes.

Yeah. I'm just saying they have 40 hours a week to fill the 9-5 timeslot. The demographic that is able to watch that timeslot every day skews toward the unintelligent.

Yeah. I'm just saying they have 40 hours a week to fill the 9-5 timeslot. The demographic that is able to watch that timeslot every day skews toward the unintelligent.

That makes sense. I'm interested to see where they go in the next few years. I think they would do well incorporating some of the more influential internet guys under their umbrella. As bad as it was seeing them get rid of nearly everyone I think it was needed.

That makes sense. I'm interested to see where they go in the next few years. I think they would do well incorporating some of the more influential internet guys under their umbrella. As bad as it was seeing them get rid of nearly everyone I think it was needed.

They need to expand their digital platform. Have their really smart people discuss topics in segments that range in 3 to 15 minutes and then figure out a way to monetize that.

They need to expand their digital platform. Have their really smart people discuss topics in segments that range in 3 to 15 minutes and then figure out a way to monetize that.

And bring back Sportscenter like it was 20 years ago.

Aaaaalllll highlights, not just from superstars or the flavor of the month teams, and not talk about what's going to be talked about again on first take.

And bring back Sportscenter like it was 20 years ago.

Aaaaalllll highlights, not just from superstars or the flavor of the month teams, and not talk about what's going to be talked about again on first take.

No. They have to have stupid shows. Those get ratings on weekday hours

No. They have to have stupid shows. Those get ratings on weekday hours

Yeah but not on Sportscenter. In high school we use to watch it in the mornings because we saw every highlight. Even teams that sucked. We still saw them. **** was simple and entertaining. Highlights and good tv commentators like Stuart Scott.

Keep the dramatics short and save it for first take or lebretard or something. Sportscenter should be just highlights.

Yeah but not on Sportscenter. In high school we use to watch it in the mornings because we saw every highlight. Even teams that sucked. We still saw them. **** was simple and entertaining. Highlights and good tv commentators like Stuart Scott.

Keep the dramatics short and save it for first take or lebretard or something. Sportscenter should be just highlights.

But highlight shows are pointless in the internet era. 10 years ago I'd watch for an hour to catch highlights. Now i go on YouTube and they can pull every shot a player took.