Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

I'm not worried about other teams. someone is going to suffer a bunch of injuries (it could even be us). a good team will be worse than anticipated. Atlanta and Utah might throw 30 wins back into the pile.

I think this year might be like 06/07 where few teams are tanking and half the league ends up with 30-41 wins.

Well you kinda have to think about what other teams are doing since we play them and will have to beat them. It could be like 06-07 but that just means the have nots really have nothing and the rest of the league is competitive. The Nets and Bulls have nothing IMO, and the pacers and hawks aren't far behind. Then us. Then the rest of the teams I can see have at least a step of talent more than us. Like, even the Grizzlies who I don't think will make playoffs still have Marc Gasol and Mike Conley and that's probably enough to beat us, as sad as that is. The Heat will have Winslow back. Maybe the Pistons continue to stagnate?

I think they're easily better then us. Fultz will be better than Payton this year. Simmons is gonna have a learning curve but he'll still be an impact rookie.

They're massively more talented.

The rest depends on injuries and stuff. It's going to take a while for them to all figure it out.

I'm not worried about other teams. someone is going to suffer a bunch of injuries (it could even be us). a good team will be worse than anticipated. Atlanta and Utah might throw 30 wins back into the pile.

I think this year might be like 06/07 where few teams are tanking and half the league ends up with 30-41 wins.

The only team clearly tanking right now is Atlanta and Chicago right?

Kings for sure aren't. We aren't. Suns might be but they're more just playing the young guys they have. The Nets aren't they're just awful. Indiana is bad but they aren't tanking.

I think you're spot on. Few teams blatantly tanking but plenty of teams are awful.

we don't have the same roster. we've already removed Green, Rudez, meeks, watson should be cut or traded by sunday. Green and Watson were big parts in the rotation. you fill those spots with replacement level players and that's a dramatic change.

we don't need Isaac to take the league by storm. we need him to be replacement level. We need him to be Dante Cunningham. If he's Malcolm Brogdon we're in fantastic shape.

Those players are non impact players. Why would you count those as part of the core players? AG, Payton, Vuc, Fournier, Biyombo, Ross, Augustin, Hezonja the guys who get the most minutes haven't left. I don't care about Damjan and his garbage minutes or Meeks dude barely played for us.

What you are expecting is Isaac to be replacement level for Green? That is unrealistic. Watson was fine for what we asked of him which was too much to begin with.

Those players are non impact players. Why would you count those as part of the core players? AG, Payton, Vuc, Fournier, Biyombo, Ross, Augustin, Hezonja the guys who get the most minutes haven't left. I don't care about Damjan and his garbage minutes or Meeks dude barely played for us.

What you are expecting is Isaac to be replacement level for Green? That is unrealistic. Watson was fine for what we asked of him which was too much to begin with.

I'm saying Payton-Fournier-ross-Gordon-vuc or biyombo played to the level of a slightly below average team. Green and Augustin were among the worst players in the nba. if you fill those spots with reasonable players in that position things are a lot better.

and why is it unrealistic to expect Isaac to be replacement level? you don't think he could be the 200th best player in the NBA this year? If he plays solid defense and can space in the corner that's more than enough from him. Basically we need something better than first year Gordon but not as good as second year Gordon. That's attainable.

We haven't done much to get better so we should be at the bottom of the awful teams. Hopefully we will give the majority of the minutes to our young guys and develop them and at the same time decide whether AG, Payton, and Mario are worth keeping and paying a lot of money.

I'm saying Payton-Fournier-ross-Gordon-vuc or biyombo played to the level of a slightly below average team. Green and Augustin were among the worst players in the nba. if you fill those spots with reasonable players in that position things are a lot better.

and why is it unrealistic to expect Isaac to be replacement level? you don't think he could be the 200th best player in the NBA this year? If he plays solid defense and can space in the corner that's more than enough from him. Basically we need something better than first year Gordon but not as good as second year Gordon. That's attainable.

that is unrealistic, Think about it. Isaac has to beat out Gordon, Fournier, Ross, Hezonja, possibly Biyombo for minutes, also competing with Iwundu. He's so far down the pecking order. I don't expect him to get many minutes initially.