Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

They were 30-11 in the second half

I'm aware of that, but that's only a half season sample size. Nobody expects the Heat to contend for titles even if they get Hayward. They had a great stretch and will probably be a playoff team this year but I see them kind of being the new Hawks of the East with the path they are on, just being in the playoffs a lot without actually threatening the top teams.

I'm aware of that, but that's only a half season sample size. Nobody expects the Heat to contend for titles even if they get Hayward. They had a great stretch and will probably be a playoff team this year but I see them kind of being the new Hawks of the East with the path they are on, just being in the playoffs a lot without actually threatening the top teams.

Well Golden State cant afford Hayward so your point is the same for all his suitors

Boston with just Hayward isnt beating Lebron

Well Golden State cant afford Hayward so your point is the same for all his suitors

Boston with just Hayward isnt beating Lebron

Boston has a better chance of doing it than Miami and you know it. Plus it's his college coach. Besides, the tweet in question is the one that seemed to suggest that Hayward would win more with the Heat than the Celtics so that's the point I'm arguing.

I actually enjoyed Alex Martin's interview in the second quarter. He didn't hide from anything. He was up-front that the re-build failed. He made it clear that this is a big year for multiple young guys who have to prove they can be significant contributors in the NBA. Basically made it seem like this is a final audition for multiple guys--as they're gonna have decisions to make next summer.

Nothing we don't already know but I agree it's a really big year for a few guys. He actually said a few players need to show up to training camp ready to go because they have a lot to prove.

Boston has a better chance of doing it than Miami and you know it. Plus it's his college coach. Besides, the tweet in question is the one that seemed to suggest that Hayward would win more with the Heat than the Celtics so that's the point I'm arguing.

This Boston team was down 2-0 to Chicago before Rondo got hurt and went 7 with Washington before getting dominated in the ECF. If Ainge had pulled the trigger on someone, yes they are clearly better, but he hasnt shown the ability to do that and they will have a really tough call to make on IT.

I actually enjoyed Alex Martin's interview in the second quarter. He didn't hide from anything. He was up-front that the re-build failed. He made it clear that this is a big year for multiple young guys who have to prove they can be significant contributors in the NBA. Basically made it seem like this is a final audition for multiple guys--as they're gonna have decisions to make next summer.

Nothing we don't already know but I agree it's a really big year for a few guys. He actually said a few players need to show up to training camp ready to go because they have a lot to prove.

I feel like we say this every year. Maybe if we had a new coach in place I'd be more confident in some breakout seasons but I have a hard time seeing anyone other than Gordon taking a major step forward. Tbh I'd prefer to just go full in on a tank at this point and shed guys like Fournier, Payton, Vucevic and Biyombo who probably have reached their ceiling or anywhere close to it. I was against it after the season, but it sounds better than another year of the same guys with "something to prove" like every other year.

This Boston team was down 2-0 to Chicago before Rondo got hurt and went 7 with Washington before getting dominated. If Ainge had pulled the trigger on someone, yes they are clearly better, but he hasnt shown the ability to do that and they will have a really tough call to make on IT.

He doesn't need to pull the trigger on anyone because he already has a talented roster with a lot of picks to keep adding talent that will keep the team good for a long time. Miami is looking at being a treadmill team. I might be in the minority of people not hating on Ainge for trying to pull off a blockbuster win now move when he can win now and in the future.

Hayward told Jazz he wanted to play with Rubio.

They got Rubio and re-signed his best friend on the team (Ingles). Both, and Rudy will be present with their meeting with Hayward today.

I hope he stays with the Jazz.

Hayward told Jazz he wanted to play with Rubio.

They got Rubio and re-signed his best friend on the team (Ingles). Both, and Rudy will be present with their meeting with Hayward today.

I hope he stays with the Jazz.

I do too honestly, I hate seeing other middle of the pack franchises lose stars to big markets who won't appreciate them as much.

I feel like we say this every year. Maybe if we had a new coach in place I'd be more confident in some breakout seasons but I have a hard time seeing anyone other than Gordon taking a major step forward. Tbh I'd prefer to just go full in on a tank at this point and shed guys like Fournier, Payton, Vucevic and Biyombo who probably have reached their ceiling or anywhere close to it. I was against it after the season, but it sounds better than another year of the same guys with "something prove" like every other year.

I agree to an extent.

I believe he was mainly referring to Payton obviously but Mario as well and AG to a lesser extent. I'm not a Payton fan but there's really nothing to lose in seeing if he can continue his play from late last year. If he can't then we're in the same situation we're in now so it doesn't really matter. He can get 1 final audition. Mario has to show something too. I can't imagine we wouldn't pick up his team option after next year but he needs to show something too.

AG is fine I would think but IMO he needs to show he can be a better shooter and an overall more consistent player before we invest 100+ million in him. I know some people think he will (and I hope you're right) but he's not fully in the clear he needs to improve too.

I agree to an extent.

I believe he was mainly referring to Payton obviously but Mario as well and AG to a lesser extent. I'm not a Payton fan but there's really nothing to lose in seeing if he can continue his play from late last year. If he can't then we're in the same situation we're in now so it doesn't really matter. He can get 1 final audition. Mario has to show something too. I can't imagine we wouldn't pick up his team option after next year but he needs to show something too.

AG is fine I would think but IMO he needs to show he can be a better shooter and an overall more consistent player before we invest 100+ million in him. I know some people think he will (and I hope you're right) but he's not fully in the clear he needs to improve too.

I personally just think it's best to dump Payton now. We know he has a broken shot that's seen very little improvement and he's a limited scorer. We know he's a good but not great passer. I don't think he has much more upside left really. I could be wrong, but I don't see the potential for major growth. Even if I'm wrong and he has some dope breakout season we are in a rough position of having to pay him a lot of money based on one season with Gordon looking at a potential big money deal at the same time. We'll see what this new FO has up it's sleeve with lots of time left in the offseason, but I don't know how many more auditions I want to keep giving these guys.