Fultz4thewin

2017 Official Offseason Thread

wut

Shams Charania‏Verified account

@ShamsCharania

Following

 More

Spurs free agent Jonathon Simmons has agreed to a three-year deal with the Orlando Magic, league sources tell The Vertical.

That's how you get things done! I love it. First thing I have enjoyed about our new front office. Second thing. I like the Birch signing as well.

you guys know me.

I've been here for 10 years.

I'm often considered a homer because I'll start looking at the silver lining of players once we're stuck with them.

I'm not really optimistic about Isaac relative to the other players picked in the lotto. I think he'll be fine. I think we'll spend a long time arguing about this because he'll probably be the 7th or 8th best player in the draft. a couple players picked ahead of him will fail. a couple players picked after him will jump him. someone picked super late that wasn't even a consideration in the top 14 will be really good. Eventually we'll get a great point guard (through payton improvement, free agency, or the draft) and someone will make the argument that they'd rather have (point guard x) plus Isaac rather than smith+(obtainable SF) and they might be right.

but I keep feeling like we drafted a guy who is a best case scenario skinny Paul Millsap

and we missed out on a best case scenario Westbrook. Better shooting Derrick Rose.

big difference in tiers.

Skinny Millsap? Nah don't see it. There's more to him than that.

Here's the thing, what makes Westbrook, Westbrook, is his mindset.

What aren't we seeing? Maybe mindset isn't one of DSJ's strengths during adversity.

yup.

and I can't help think that the most likely scenario is basically "the version of Mo Harkless that all the analysts get excited about when he has that stretch of 10 games every year where he puts up 14 and 7 and hits 35% of his threes before going dormant again for the rest of the season" but full time.

Not Moe either. Moe looked lost 99% of the time.

I see a lot more bball IQ in Isaac.

wut

@ShamsCharania

Following

 More

Spurs free agent Jonathon Simmons has agreed to a three-year deal with the Orlando Magic, league sources tell The Vertical.

3 years?!

I'm nervous to see what the numbers are.

Not Moe either. Moe looked lost 99% of the time.

I see a lot more bball IQ in Isaac.

there's 10 games every year when Harkless looks good and everyone on basketball twitter goes "OMG THE MAGIC GAVE THIS GUY AWAY".

that's the harkless I was talking about.

there's 10 games every year when Harkless looks good and everyone on basketball twitter goes "OMG THE MAGIC GAVE THIS GUY AWAY".

that's the harkless I was talking about.

Yeah but I can see through that ****.

Moe has worked hard to get better but his bball IQ is still pretty damn low. Maybe that's on lack of development when he was here but it's low regardless.

I don't see that with Isaac. Not even a little.

Yeah but I can see through that ****.

Moe has worked hard to get better but his bball IQ is pretty damn low. Maybe that's on lack of development when he was here but it's low regardless.

I don't see that with Isaac. Not even a little.

I'M TALKING ABOUT A MYTHICAL VERSION OF HARKLESS.

wut

@ShamsCharania

Following

 More

Hey I actually wanted him I said 2 days ago he's just what we need.

WE HAVE SOMEONE WHO IS TOUGH OMG