Sign in to follow this  
Ibn Battuta

Pistons Vs Magic

Why is everyone interpreting that as trading the pick? It's just a fact...

I'm not but i wouldn't be surprised. Because of some great wins we could be out of contention to getting a good player.

This thread is why I stopped posting here for so long.

*facepalm*

even if you believe in a winning culture and are against tanking as a team philosophy I'm not sure you can argue that a single win's positivity outweighs what that one lotto slot provides.

there are levels to these things. And I can understand not being for philly's brand of tanking, throw away a whole season.

and I can get people who are against that being ok with tanking beginning in late January once you know your team isn't going to be good.

and I can get people who are against that being ok with tanking in March when you're sure a late season run isn't going to happen.

and I can get people who are against that being ok with tanking the last couple games of the season when you get questionable effort sometimes so it's basically the garbage time of the season almost universally for a third of the league.

but I cant understand how someone can argue against tanking, not even one game, but the fourth quarter of the 82nd game of the season.

I'm not "salty" about an analytical approach.

I'm against the absolute absurdity of hoping for your team to lose for a less than not guaranteed possibility of something that may or may not happen.

I'm against the absolute absurdity of hoping for your team to lose for a less than not guaranteed possibility of something that may or may not happen.

This guy.

If I offered to buy you 50 lotto tickets for the next PowerBall, I'm guessing you'd opt for just one ticket instead on the principle of saving some paper.

This guy.

If I offered to buy you 50 lotto tickets for the next PowerBall, I'm guessing you'd opt for just one ticket instead on the principle of saving some paper.

'Your chances of winning the Powerball jackpot are one in 292 million.' To be honest I am not a mathematician, I'm just a fan who likes to see his team win or at least compete to win. I am strictly opposing to any kind of tanking, just to have a potentially better chance to draft at a higher position.

appealing to a lack of certainty is a symptom of probability negligence.

If nothing is guaranteed in life, the only way to properly navigate the world is by probabilities.

Great win to finish the season. I really liked the first half of this game, hope we can carry this energy into the next season.

Lol what energy?

We barely beat a Detroit team that didn't player their starters in the fourth. I absolutely do not understand this kind of thinking. My only assumption is it's from someone who did not play any type of high school or college sports.

You think Payton and AG are going to remember last nights game 5 months from now? Momentum does not carry like that. That win meant absolutely nothing. It was nothing more than an exhibition game.

The players take more from the majority of the front office being fired today than that meaningless game last night.

The only way any player or fan remembers last nights game 5 years from now is if philly wins the lottery because of it. That's all. Means nothing else.

Lol what energy?

We barely beat a Detroit team that didn't player their starters in the fourth. I absolutely do not understand this kind of thinking. My only assumption is it's from someone who did not play any type of high school or college sports.

You think Payton and AG are going to remember last nights game 5 months from now? Momentum does not carry like that. That win meant absolutely nothing. It was nothing more than an exhibition game.

a month ago we blew out this Detroit team by 30 points.

we then lost 7 of the next 8 games including the worst loss in franchise history.

If we had some appreciable sample of games where things changed and we could say "Vogel figured out something with this lineup" or something like that it'd be one thing. But we had the same up and down play that we've seen a dozen times this year.

We can say "Gordon is a mismatch against slower fours to the point he's a legitimate weapon when we find those mismatches"

We can say "Payton was a very positive player post all star and has improved significantly".

But we can also say "Whatever positive impact we've seen with Payton, Gordon, vucevic, Fournier isn't big enough to resolve the issues with the roster as a whole". We're a talented dysfunctional team right now. A move toward a less talented but functional roster might be a big step in the right direction.