Sign in to follow this  
UEBERMORTAL

Magic at Wizards

This argument is going nowhere. Both Philly and Orlando still suck. BUT I personally believe, Orlando at least had a formula that they were trying to follow. At the end of the day, I personally think the way Henny did it and is doing it seems to have more rhyme and reason in it. He has given us flexibility. He has given us some foundational pieces. I think Gordon, Hezonja, Biyombo, and Payton will somehow pay off in the end. Heck, perhaps Fournier will pay off too somehow. The way Philly is doing it and has been doing it still has not shown a payoff. In fact, if we did it the way they did it, you all would be criticizing it as much as you are criticizing Hennigan now. I think we are fine, and we hope to get a stud or two in the offseason.

I hate tanking but I think at this point with the horrible Ibaka trade and everything else that went wrong this year, let's tank one more year especially taking into account the talent in this draft.

After this year no more tanking.

And don't you think they are doing exactly that? We blew big time leads in the last two games and continue to use subpar players doing so. I think the team is indeed tanking. It's pretty obvious at this point, and trading away Ibaka suggests so. The Ibaka trade was a mistake, yes, but the Magic are moving on and we have the flexibility do so. It's not the end of the world.

This argument is going nowhere. Both Philly and Orlando still suck. BUT I personally believe, Orlando at least had a formula that they were trying to follow. At the end of the day, I personally think the way Henny did it and is doing it seems to have more rhyme and reason in it. He has given us flexibility. He has given us some foundational pieces. I think Gordon, Hezonja, Biyombo, and Payton will somehow pay off in the end. Heck, perhaps Fournier will pay off too somehow. The way Philly is doing it and has been doing it still has not shown a payoff. In fact, if we did it the way they did it, you all would be criticizing it as much as you are criticizing Hennigan now. I think we are fine, and we hope to get a stud or two in the offseason.

I'm not going to damper your enthusiasm for the future, but Hennigan can't be a part of it. The one season we started to win (last season) he ends up picking his golden boy Elfrid Payton over Skiles. Then he tries to save face by signing/trading for vets. It's all backfired, and it's because his judgment is way off.

So Philly has had Embiid since 2014 and how are they doing? I realize he's been injured a lot, but again, they let their team get so bad that it will take a lot to turn it around. Embiid may not be enough. And they've put their fans through four years of total ineptitude (so far) to get where they are now.

Philly was on a definite upswing before Embiid got hurt. He was playing great and was easily ROTY. Which brings up the fact that this is his rookie season, so this is the only season we should take into consideration when talking about him. He was great. He had an unfortunate injury, but he was visibly turning things around for the franchise in just half a season of actual playing time.

I'm not going to damper your enthusiasm for the future, but Hennigan can't be a part of it. The one season we started to win (last season) he ends up picking his golden boy Elfrid Payton over Skiles. Then he tries to save face by signing/trading for vets. It's all backfired, and it's because his judgment is way off.

That season was all messed up.

Skiles should've never been brought on. Glad we chose EP over Skiles.

Right and I'm showing you the demerits of said strategy. When the numbers and stats don't go your way you have absolutely no fall back plan. Your only response is "the numbers said something good should've happened!" while you did absolutely nothing to improve the other areas of the franchise that are much more controllable.

You're using the Magic as an example when the magic didn't even do what I'm suggesting.

we tanked 12-13 and picked oladipo.

we tanked 13-14 and picked Gordon and payton and declared mission accomplished, we have enough young talent. now lets sign Frye, Willie Green, and Ben Gordon and Luke Ridnour and play them enough to choke the minutes away from Harkless and the lesser young bench. and the vets do just enough to push us out of towns/Russell/porzingis.

Had we actually committed to the tank instead of half assing it we might not be in the position we are today.

We absolutely should have picked payton over skiles. To suggest otherwise is just *****ing stupid.

My opinion -- Skiles was not good for the development of our players. In the end, the Vogel signing will pay off. I believe we are tanking, and we've been doing so since the ASB. The pieces we have are solid, and Payton will be a triple double machine with > 30 minutes of play. Henny choosing Payton over Skiles was a good decision.

My opinion -- Skiles was not good for the development of our players. In the end, the Vogel signing will pay off. I believe we are tanking, and we've been doing so since the ASB. The pieces we have are solid, and Payton will be a triple double machine with > 30 minutes of play. Henny choosing Payton over Skiles was a good decision.

going back to magicblue, we aren't tanking, we're just bad. Tanking would suggest playing Zimmerman more. The silver lining is we're seeing progress from the guys we expect to be on the team next year.

To add, the mid season trade last season was all on Skiles. You can tell. And the "win now" attitude, how are we not certain this was ownership? Perhaps the Ibaka trade was a push from Vogel. You can't blame them for the idea. It was a risk. It didn't work out. We move on. At least we still have flexibility. I like the Ross signing. I think he has a lot of potential. He can still score without making field goals. And he makes us faster. Even with the losses, this team looks completely different. I like the chemistry we have. Even Fournier is showing off his strengths. I like this team. I like Henny running the ship. For the most part, his decision has been solid. He inherited a disaster.

Philly was on a definite upswing before Embiid got hurt. He was playing great and was easily ROTY. Which brings up the fact that this is his rookie season, so this is the only season we should take into consideration when talking about him. He was great. He had an unfortunate injury, but he was visibly turning things around for the franchise in just half a season of actual playing time.

I mean they were 8-24 at the end of December.