Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

ORL vs Portland

Only 25 minutes for Mario? He needs to be on the court as much as he can. I want to see what he is capable of doing. It's now or never Frank.

And also, please, cut down Green and Augustins minutes. Thanks Mr. VOGEL!

I know some people didnt like Ross' game tonight, but I was impressed. What I expected was a 3&D guy, but his passing seems to be much better than anticipated. Also his shooting may have been bad, but he more than made up for it on defense. I remember seeing him switch gears to stay in front of his man and move around screens, there were also a few flawless switches out on the permiter that he did.

Mind you, the shot wasnt falling, but some of them just casually popped out. I will give him some more games to see just how good he can be here...but I think we may have found another keeper.

Give me a break. What do you expect from him to call a decent game.

30/20/5 with 8 blocks?

He has a few airballs but shot 8/20. Not good but not horrible as you guys stating.

Ross is 4/17.

Im not a fan of VUC and I am the first one who wants him out.

But I dont hate the guy. He is a decent player who played decently today for the first 3 quarters. He played badly in the last 2 minutes.

And this is the problem when you base things off a stat line. If you look at his stats, then yeah, it appears he had a decent game. But he did not play remotely well. First half he was all over the place, didn't defend well, took very silly shots, most of which he missed as well as missing a number of open looks that Ross had given him who should have ended up with at least 5/6 assists. He started pouting and throwing trantrums because his shot wasn't falling and he was being scored on. That was the bigger issue for me rather than his shot not falling. Gave away a tech and was then lucky when he got roughed up after a rebound and pretty much threw his arm out like a punch which luckily no one was near. He played decent in the third quarter then he decided to play 2 v 5 yet again in the last quarter with Fournier who was absolute junk all game.

You then say Ross shot 4/17 but he actually defended well, played hard and caused a lot of problems driving and dishing the ball to players for open looks, open looks that were then repeatedly missed. Yes his shot like Vuch wasn't falling but his attitude was faultless and he found other ways to be useful but none of that shows up in a 'box score'

And this is the problem when you base things off a stat line. If you look at his stats, then yeah, it appears he had a decent game. But he did not play remotely well. First half he was all over the place, didn't defend well, took very silly shots, most of which he missed as well as missing a number of open looks that Ross had given him who should have ended up with at least 5/6 assists. He started pouting and throwing trantrums because his shot wasn't falling and he was being scored on. That was the bigger issue for me rather than his shot not falling. Gave away a tech and was then lucky when he got roughed up after a rebound and pretty much threw his arm out like a punch which luckily no one was near. He played decent in the third quarter then he decided to play 2 v 5 yet again in the last quarter with Fournier who was absolute junk all game.

You then say Ross shot 4/17 but he actually defended well, played hard and caused a lot of problems driving and dishing the ball to players for open looks, open looks that were then repeatedly missed. Yes his shot like Vuch wasn't falling but his attitude was faultless and he found other ways to be useful but none of that shows up in a 'box score'

There is no reason to continue debating this. You feel Vuc played Horrible and That is ok. I dont think he play well but not bad either. He has been the same typical good offensive bad defensive players. That is what I expect from him every night. He played ok and was surpisingly decent against Nurkic who only score 12 on him.

When it come to Ross, please read my previous comments on him.

i never said he was bad.

I know some people didnt like Ross' game tonight, but I was impressed. What I expected was a 3&D guy, but his passing seems to be much better than anticipated. Also his shooting may have been bad, but he more than made up for it on defense. I remember seeing him switch gears to stay in front of his man and move around screens, there were also a few flawless switches out on the permiter that he did.

Mind you, the shot wasnt falling, but some of them just casually popped out. I will give him some more games to see just how good he can be here...but I think we may have found another keeper.

He looked smooth on defense when switching and played with a lot of intensity, made a bunch of good passes and just overall really liked what he did!

Only 25 minutes for Mario? He needs to be on the court as much as he can. I want to see what he is capable of doing. It's now or never Frank.

Considering he was playing the best basketball of the season. This type of games is what builds character and confidence in a player when things are going their way. Limiting his time was a mistake toward his development.

Considering he was playing the best basketball of the season. This type of games is what builds character and confidence in a player when things are going their way. Limiting his time was a mistake toward his development.

Fwiw for at least one night limiting him was limiting our chance at winning.

Still don't know why Mario is not starting right now. We know what we've got in Ross, no need to give him big minutes at this point of the season. We still need to evaluate if Mario will be part of next years team. Now is the time to do this, FRANK!

Still don't know why Mario is not starting right now. We know what we've got in Ross, no need to give him big minutes at this point of the season. We still need to evaluate if Mario will be part of next years team. Now is the time to do this, FRANK!

We don't know what we have in Ross. Case in point. He's not supposed to be this good of a passer

That's without Watson and Meeks. When they're both back and healthy, let's see how Vogel handles that.