Sign in to follow this  
Mauro Pedrosa

OFFICIAL GAMETHREAD: Magic vs Bucks

1. Debatable.

2.you're right. It has to do with him going further and further away from the basket for some reason. He's not attacking the rim enough.

3-4 i don't care

Murphy is right.

1- Yes, we could win a game, but we are far more likely to lose.

2- The big reason we drafted Gordon was his ability to play multiple roles and he has no excuse to be that bad. This is not a one game observation. Teams have figured him out and he has not adapted.

3- You should care that Mario doesn't play when everyone else is bad or someone is out due to injury. This team will succeed or fail based on the development of Payton, Gordon, Hezonja, and to a lesser extent Biyombo. The veterans should set the tone and keep us in games, but it's the young guys that need to play well to win games. Our vets are not going to win more than a few games without help from our young players.

4- DJ Is a valuable role player, that is all. Payton is still the better player. DJ hits timely shots making him seem better than he is. Augustin knows what he can and cannot do. Elfrid has a much larger skill set, but he has not yet found a balance on how and when he should use those skills.

Murphy is right.

1- Yes, we could win a game, but we are far more likely to lose.

2- The big reason we drafted Gordon was his ability to play multiple roles and he has no excuse to be that bad. This is not a one game observation. Teams have figured him out and he has not adapted.

3- You should care that Mario doesn't play when everyone else is bad or someone is out due to injury. This team will succeed or fail based on the development of Payton, Gordon, Hezonja, and to a lesser extent Biyombo. The veterans should set the tone and keep us in games, but it's the young guys that need to play well to win games. Our vets are not going to win more than a few games without help from our young players.

4- DJ Is a valuable role player, that is all. Payton is still the better player. DJ hits timely shots making him seem better than he is. Augustin knows what he can and cannot do. Elfrid has a much larger skill set, but he has not yet found a balance on how and when he should use those skills.

It's debatable that those two guys are our best players

I remember him attacking once and missing after an offensive rebound once but I'll get a look at the numbers tomorrow and see if they confirm what we're seeing

I wasn't able to watch the game, but I have noticed that he seems to settle for the "easier" jumper. If he can start knocking down that shot, it will be ok, as he I have seen him create great separation at times, but right now he seems to be playing away from his strengths.

You cant draw blood from a tree....

Im not sure what you guys expect, i have been telling you for weeks that our roster doesnt make one bit of sense its unbalanced.

You can rotate all you want, we are what we are.

Couldn't watch what was the breakdown?

Well it looks like another losing season -- maybe they'll draft a PG.

The season is gonna be lost pretty soon. I really don't have much hope. This is lik our December January stretch from last year but it's a few weeks early.

Couldn't watch what was the breakdown?

Well it looks like another losing season -- maybe they'll draft a PG.

It was a close game all the way. We never got behind big but after the first quarter we didn't tie/take the lead. Gordon dropped an egg.

Uhm what? We aren't losing specifically because Hezonja is on the bench. This roster is just not that competitive.

I'm just saying that it doesn't hurt us to play Mario. But, during the games he hasn't gotten minutes we could have used his abilities at many points in most of those games. He can suddenly start hitting shots at anytime. Maybe you haven't watched him except when he has played in Magic games, but the ability is there and he has done it at the professional level. We were not the only team who liked him. We don't know that we will be able to make a good trade, draft someone better, or sign anyone. That makes his development crucial. We have held many players back and given up on players only to see them blossom when given a real opportunity that we never did. If nothing else, we need to figure out what we have in him. Even if he doesn't become a star, we want to get something out of him.

If him playing had a negative effect on our chance to win , then keeping him on the bench would be justified. When others constantly make mistakes and still get to play, how is that fair that Mario making the same mistakes a reason to bench him. We have not found the right combination of players yet, and by benching Mario, we are not testing the full range of possibilities that might work by excluding him.

If there is something we don't know about, some hint of why he is not playing would help. He is recalibrating is very vague when Vogel doesn't explain what he means.