Sign in to follow this  
Fultz4thewin

Gamethread Orlando at Philly

I think we need a new lineup based on the opponent. So thursday we need to stop cousins. They have Barnes and gay at the 3-4. We should start something like Payton- Fournier- Hezonja- Gordon- biyombo.

We play Washington on Saturday. They start porter- Morris- gortat. We should start the usual starting lineup.

And so on

You know that ain't happening

You know that ain't happening

It's what should happen. We needed Vucevic tonight because Fournier and Gordon sucked. There will be times when we play a dangerous big man and those guys are playing well and Vucevic is better off on the bench.

you almost dont know wether to laugh or cry at that statement.

Congrats Ill put away the "in regard to Hennigan thread" for another day...but I fear it isnt far away.

I think a "what will it take" thread would be interesting.

You really think Vogel has the balls to bench Vuc?

Or Henny has the balls to trade the leading scorer when his job is on the line?

Why on earth would we bench Nik??? It's not like we have a defensive juggernaut to replace him with. Biz isn't even a center really, he is more of a 4. Nik is our best player, hands down. He has been for a long time, he still is. Payton might give him a run for it, but everyone else has a long ways to go. Nik needs to be on the floor as much as possible if we expect to win at a decent rate.

A lot of people aren't going to like this, but I think AG is best suited for the bench. He comes in and brings what he does off the bench, it provides a spark that clearly isn't happening attm. His struggles aren't specific to the 3 or the 4, its just the way he plays that is the problem.

• Upvote 2

Why on earth would we bench Nik??? It's not like we have a defensive juggernaut to replace him with. Biz isn't even a center really, he is more of a 4. Nik is our best player, hands down. He has been for a long time, he still is. Payton might give him a run for it, but everyone else has a long ways to go. Nik needs to be on the floor as much as possible if we expect to win at a decent rate.

A lot of people aren't going to like this, but I think AG is best suited for the bench. He comes in and brings what he does off the bench, it provides a spark that clearly isn't happening attm. His struggles aren't specific to the 3 or the 4, its just the way he plays that is the problem.

It was Philly's game plan to attack Vucevic whenever possible. There's going to be many games when he's not shooting 70% and he's going to be unplayable.

All the more reason to have him on the floor, the attention given him will provide space for people like Mario, Redick, and Fournier to make shots.

All the more reason to have him on the floor, the attention given him will provide space for people like Mario, Redick, and Fournier to make shots.

On defense? The 6ers attacked him because he couldn't stop them. If he isn't hitting shots, he can't make up for the ones he's giving up.

It was Philly's game plan to attack Vucevic whenever possible. There's going to be many games when he's not shooting 70% and he's going to be unplayable.

I'm totally on board because the roster is uneven and playing for the matchup every game would be smart given the limitations. But it's not feasible; guys getting uneven minutes and/or in-and-out the lineup would hamper chemistry. Nobody would have a set role.

I will take the win... why becuase im a Detroit Lions fan and any win is great for a frachise stuck in mediocrity... which brings me to my Magic.

Tonight was much like Clev, was much like Miamia, it was much like preason... garbage, except we stole a win. No way this Magic team sniffs the playoffs. As unreal as it sounds, Phili would take us in a 7 game series. And its a bummer because this city and fans and this board deserve better.

Miller4 was right, Alex needs to be chopped as much as the architect of this disaster of a team that lacks any identity to what they are. I mean we can say what we want... but Otis is looking like a Genuis compared to Henny... otis got us Lewis, Henny gives us Ibaka and Biyombo... sigh.