Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I'm not sure Henny has that long. Who are realistic targets?

Jrue holiday

Rudy gay

Brandon knight

Evan Turner

Robert Covington

Otto porter

Goran Dragic

Less realistic targets

Eric Bledsoe

Danilo gallinari

Jrue holiday

Rudy gay

Brandon knight

Evan Turner

Robert Covington

Otto porter

Goran Dragic

Less realistic targets

Eric Bledsoe

Danilo gallinari

Sucks being in purgatory

Jrue holiday

Rudy gay

Brandon knight

Evan Turner

Robert Covington

Otto porter

Goran Dragic

Less realistic targets

Eric Bledsoe

Danilo gallinari

For good or bad, I could see us go for Holiday, Dragic, Knight or Gay. Uggh. If we're gonna make a move, I'd like it to be more dynamic.

My choice for sf

Hood

Middleton

Arthur

Covington

Mcdaniels

Don't know if they are possible but I am sick of Greenland Gordon at that position.

I think Greenland Gordon was the secretary of state under teddy Roosevelt

I'm not so sure we should move on from Payton. He has worked on his offensive game and at times looks like an Allstar. I know it's hard but we've got to continue to have patience, he is on his third coach in 3 years!

Yeah with his recent play, I wouldn't trade him for the names being thrown around (Gay, Knight, Danilo,etc).

I'm not so sure we should move on from Payton. He has worked on his offensive game and at times looks like an Allstar. I know it's hard but we've got to continue to have patience, he is on his third coach in 3 years!

My thought right now on Payton is that he's more valuable than what we could get for him. I think he's a backup PG. But I think he's a really good backup PG because occasionally he can be downright dominant. The problem is that you can't start a guy who either has a 10-4-4 night with 4 TOs and bad defense or he has a 20-6-8 night where he dominates for 35 minutes; you especially can't start that guy when he's your PG, and he's setting the tone for your offense. If you can show me a guy who's been this inconsistent midway through his 3rd season and suddenly balanced out to a good starter, great. Deal with it (by bringing him off the bench for a lot of minutes) until he gets it together. But good luck with finding that guy, because I'm honestly not sure I've ever seen a player so entirely night and day at all, much less one who suddenly finds a happy medium. But yes, I'm willing at this point to say we shouldn't trade him, because he's worth more than anything we could get for him. I don't want to move on, just to bring in a guy who is a legitimate starter at the position right now. If Payton goes through his whole career being a sixth man of the year candidate because we got a better starting PG and he just gets 25-30 minutes playing like he has been off the bench so far, I'm happy with that.

Plenty of guys have been more valuable off the bench, for one reason or another. Iggy was better off the bench, even when he was the better player overall at the 3 for Golden State. Manu has spent his entire coming off the bench, for a lot of the same reasons Payton is better off the bench (inconsistent, sometimes either tries to do to much or just disappears). If Payton ends up that type of guy, great. If he ends up finding consistency somehow, then yay, we have a good starting PG. Either way, I've never advocated getting rid of the kid.