Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Is it basically Dragic for Payton and Vooch? That's a decent deal, though I don't like Dragic's age and contract.

yeah, I mean, I'm no Dragic fan but that trade is reasonable.

and it works under the salary cap laws.

and it fits under the CBA rules assuming Bosh doesn't currently count on their roster.

...this might be a real rumor.

yeah, I mean, I'm no Dragic fan but that trade is reasonable.

and it works under the salary cap laws.

and it fits under the CBA rules assuming Bosh doesn't currently count on their roster.

...this might be a real rumor.

Hate his age. He's on the downside in that department.

4 years ago...You bet.

but it's not duplicate talent in the prohibitive sense because both guys are elite catch and shoot players and do a really good job at getting eachother assists. McCollum shoots 50% on threes when they come from Lillard. McCollum probably helps Lillard rest a bit as he doesn't have to be the full time ball handler when he's in the game. Plus they have a rotation which allows one of those two to be in the game at all times.

Portland has an elite offense but a horrible defense.

so why would they break up the one thing they have over other teams to fix something that can be fixed through a minor trade? Especially when there's an obvious trade candidate out there in Noel which shouldn't cost them an arm and a leg to obtain.

Because they would maybe believe they need a more balanced attack. Not saying we'd do this or if it would even work thru random means, but a package of Fournier and Gordon for McCollum might be attractive for both teams.

Because they would maybe believe they need a more balanced attack. Not saying we'd do this or if it would even work thru random means, but a package of Fournier and Gordon for McCollum might be attractive for both teams.

I think you'd have to throw in Vonleh for that trade to be even imo

what you're proposing is the equivalent of someone saying the magic need scoring and improvement at SF because Gordon isn't a good SF so LA should trade Nick Young for Gordon because the Magic need a more balanced attack.

Gallinari for Green has been discussed. I love this trade if DEN thinks Gallo needs a change of scenery before free agency.

Gordon would come off bench at the 4 next to Bismack.Vuc would start again. Rudez at SF until Mario gets it together.

Magic need to walk away if anyone asks for their 2017 draft pick, unless its a star.

If DEN trade happened I see Elf/Evan/Dino/Ibaka/Vuc with DJ/Meeks/Mario (Rudez 4 now)/Gordon/Biz bench. Better balance there

Still early in trade talks. Let's see what else bubbles up.

via Twitter

Gallinari for Green has been discussed. I love this trade if DEN thinks Gallo needs a change of scenery before free agency.

Gordon would come off bench at the 4 next to Bismack.Vuc would start again. Rudez at SF until Mario gets it together.

Magic need to walk away if anyone asks for their 2017 draft pick, unless its a star.

If DEN trade happened I see Elf/Evan/Dino/Ibaka/Vuc with DJ/Meeks/Mario (Rudez 4 now)/Gordon/Biz bench. Better balance there

Still early in trade talks. Let's see what else bubbles up.

via Twitter

Source?