Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

After January 14th, trade Fournier and Gordon + however many picks it takes to Utah for Hayward. They get their backcourt weak spots filled up, they run George Hill, Fournier, Gordon, Favors, Gobert and get extra first rounder(s) and make it to atleast the second round of the playoffs.

We keep our front court intact, get our go to scorer, and have room for Mario to put up or shut up. Payton can do his thing and have a new favorite passing buddy.

No way Utah does this.

After January 14th, trade Fournier and Gordon + however many picks it takes to Utah for Hayward. They get their backcourt weak spots filled up, they run George Hill, Fournier, Gordon, Favors, Gobert and get extra first rounder(s) and make it to atleast the second round of the playoffs.

We keep our front court intact, get our go to scorer, and have room for Mario to put up or shut up. Payton can do his thing and have a new favorite passing buddy.

No way Utah does this.

I wouldn't do that. It's too much for a guy in Hayward where you still really don't know where he stands in the league. Sure he's playing well against Sacramento but last night he couldn't compete with golden state.

Not to say he's bad or anything, but that's elite player price you're paying for a good guy on an expiring contract

I wouldn't do that. It's too much for a guy in Hayward where you still really don't know where he stands in the league. Sure he's playing well against Sacramento but last night he couldn't compete with golden state.

Not to say he's bad or anything, but that's elite player price you're paying for a good guy on an expiring contract

That was his only bad game going back to 11/19. If you take that one game out he's averaging 25+ ppg on good %, 6+ rebounds and 4+assists over that time. That's not 'good'. That's elite. He's had 3 bad games all season, he averaged 8/7/4 in those three games. That's better than Gordon (on average).

I get where you're coming from though. We'd be dumb to say no to that trade, but in some ways, Hayward is still enigmatic I guess.

No way Utah does this.

That's quite a bit to give up. I think I'd be ok with Fournier, Gordon, and 1 future 1st. Would hate to lose Gordon though.

That was his only bad game going back to 11/19. If you take that one game out he's averaging 25+ ppg on good %, 6+ rebounds and 4+assists over that time. That's not 'good'. That's elite. He's had 3 bad games all season, he averaged 8/7/4 in those three games. That's better than Gordon (on average).

I get where you're coming from though. We'd be dumb to say no to that trade, but in some ways, Hayward is still enigmatic I guess.

Nah the Dallas game was bad too. But i don't want this discussion to be about him having 4 bad games this year vs 5. That's not all that important.

Hayward is playing really well for this stretch but we really don't know if he's a number 1 option yet. Guys can have really good stretches of 15 games. Oladipo had a 17 game stretch last year where he put up 21/5/4 on 51/38/86 and 2 steals per game. Doesn't mean that's the guy he's going to be.

If Hayward is doing this in February then we can talk but i still think he's going to end up in Boston to play with Brad Stephens

Additionally, trading guys plus draft picks pretty much locks us in to this starting lineup:

payton-bargain bin sg, meeks, or hezonja- Hayward-Ibaka-vucevic or biyombo

with augustin and minimum type guys on the bench.

we'd have little avenue to improve. and I don't know if that is the roster we want to run with.

I think we're better off pursuing him in free agency because then we could run a payton-fournier-hayward-gordon-ibaka (augustin, hezonja, draft pick biyombo) 9 man rotation