Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

Vince Carter wasn't a super star at any point during his Orlando Magic tenure.

That wasn't the question. Player needed to be considered a superstar prior to their Magic spot not during their tenure.

we weren't talking about his magic tenure. we were talking about at the point of trade.

Wasn't a super star at the time of the trade either.

An all star sure, but he was 34 and clearly on the decline.

I'm not giving you that he was a "super star" Orlando traded for. Not ever. And that was the original question was what super stars have Orlando traded for.

yeah, Denver ranks consistently as one of the top places to live in the US. I've always thought about living there.

Denver is an amazing place and I am dying to visit but most NBA stars want to compete for titles or play in huge basketball markets. The Nuggets don't meet the criteria, similar to us. Which is why we won't trade for George.

Wasn't a super star at the time of the trade either.

An all star sure, but he was 34 and clearly on the decline.

I'm not giving you that he was a "super star" Orlando traded for. Not ever. And that was the original question was what super stars have Orlando traded for.

he was 32.

That isn't a superstar.

Shaq was a superstar and Penny was on his way.

Tmac was a superstar talent who's injuries cut his career short.

Other than that, nothing.

U must have been in diapers or still sperm when Penny played...... He was a legit superstar and injuries cut his career short...

Better than T'Mac and Piston G.Hill.

they're looking up though. lots of interesting pieces.

Who? I guess I'm uninformed. Not to mention wouldn't most of those interesting pieces be traded to IND in order to obtain PG?

That wasn't the question. Player needed to be considered a superstar prior to their Magic spot not during their tenure.

He wasn't a super star when we trade for him either.

Again, maybe we have completely different definitions of what a super star player is, but Carter had 3 super star years to me and those were in his mid 20's not mid 30's.

Magic fans definition of super star is different, which is understandable.

You're a regular person. Denver as a team sucks. No one wants to play for Denver.

You don't think they could sell people on playing with Jokic, who's still got 2 years left on his rookie deal, allowing them to sign max free agents?

he was 32.

He wasn't a super star. Literally nothing you can say will conive me other wise. You are wrong on this one. Unles innyor mind guys like derozan and Lowry are super stars now. To me there only 5-7 super stars in the NBA that can carry a team--Carter was not that when we traded for him.

And he was 33.

He wasn't a super star when we trade for him either.

Again, maybe we have completely different definitions of what a super star player is, but Carter had 3 super star years to me and those were in his mid 20's not mid 30's.

Magic fans definition of super star is different, which is understandable.

I think an arguement could be made either way.

On another note its a damn shame this is what we are talking about lol.

I think an arguement could be made either way.

On another note its a damn shame this is what we are talking about lol.

Lord knows there are no trades to debate.

You don't think they could sell people on playing with Jokic, who's still got 2 years left on his rookie deal, allowing them to sign max free agents?

I would guess whatever this "Monster" deal involved it would leave Denver no better than IND even with PG. He is ready to win and compete right away.