Soul Bro

2016-2017 Trade Idea Thread

I dont think anyone said anything about fournier vs Barnes. It is irrelevant.

I dont think there is any info out there suggesting Fournier been traded to Dallas. It was Vuc.

You can even have both fournier and Barnes playing together.

I don't think they fit well together so to me it is relevant. So again I rather have Fournier.

My issues with Barnes are the same issues i have with Devin Booker (though at least booker is cheap). People see 20 ppg and think that's some mythical benchmark that makes you a good player. People don't look at the nuance around his numbers and realize that it's really really hard to take 17+ fga per game and not score 20+.

Barnes vs Fournier is interesting. I don't necessarily think if you put Fournier on Dallas they'd be better. But i think if you give Fournier those extra field goal attempts they'd be pretty close.

I don't think looking at it as "Barnes is better than Fournier" is correct. I think the right way to look at it is "Barnes is just as problematic as Fournier when you give him the ball. And considering the 40% difference in salary that's not a better investment."

So negative lol

Rob is always super quiet. To early to throw in the towel.

No just a gut feeling. No one wants Green. No wants Vuch for anything substantial. No one wants cousin It. Indiana wants to keep PG so they are going to get aggressive. Ainge is like, pffft, take whothefuk or nothing else. There's Brandon Knight.

Maybe do a DJ for a 2nd?

My issues with Barnes are the same issues i have with Devin Booker (though at least booker is cheap). People see 20 ppg and think that's some mythical benchmark that makes you a good player. People don't look at the nuance around his numbers and realize that it's really really hard to take 17+ fga per game and not score 20+.

Barnes vs Fournier is interesting. I don't necessarily think if you put Fournier on Dallas they'd be better. But i think if you give Fournier those extra field goal attempts they'd be pretty close.

I don't think looking at it as "Barnes is better than Fournier" is correct. I think the right way to look at it is "Barnes is just as problematic as Fournier when you give him the ball. And considering the 40% difference in salary that's not a better investment."

This is how I feel. You explained it in a much more eloquent way.

I'm just waiting for us to trade green and something for knight and something and I'm going to have to talk myself into that something being worth renting out that cap space to knight.

Marc Stein on Twitter:

"The price on Brook Lopez has dropped, league sources say. Instead of two first-rounders, word is Brooklyn would accept a first and a second."

My issues with Barnes are the same issues i have with Devin Booker (though at least booker is cheap). People see 20 ppg and think that's some mythical benchmark that makes you a good player.  People don't look at the nuance around his numbers and realize that it's really really hard to take 17+ fga per game and not score 20+.

He's still more efficient at it than Fournier, almost 40 points better. So no, mathematically fournier couldn't score 20 points if he was given 17 fga at his current production rate.

I'm just waiting for us to trade green and something for knight and something and I'm going to have to talk myself into that something being worth renting out that cap space to knight.

Bring Knight on down.